Question about crank shaft

Quick question, yes I know i know shit about engine mods LOL!!!

I bought a 4mm or 7mm the guy is not sure, but the crank is bad. He was using the spacer in the cylinders and the cylinders are ported, so my question is can I use a stock crank in this motor? what I need to do or will the motor need any modification?

Maybe a dumb question but I really need to know.

Yes you can run a stock crank in it. Now weather it will run worth a shit or not is another question. With out knowing for sure what the cylinders are setup for there is no way someone can answer that question. Send them off and get them checked like Finch said.

its not any harder than putting together a stock crank motor.  All we are saying is you should have the cylinders sent to a site sponsor on here who could take a look at them for you.  they'll measure the port timings for you and then tell you whether it was for a +4mil or a +7mil crank.....which will give you some serious answers to questions like should you keep the motor or should you part it out.  also it will make it ALOT easier on yourself when selling the cylinders......then someone will know what they are buying and wont be scared off when you say "I don't know what they're setup for"

You said it had a spacer plate- you can probably measure the thickness of the spacer plate and then double it. That should be what the stroker crank is, assuming that they did not modify the head for the stroker also. You should be able to look at the ports and see if they have been ported. If they are not ported, the head is not modified for the stroker and it just has the spacer plate, then you could use the cylinders with a stock crank.

its not any harder than putting together a stock crank motor.  All we are saying is you should have the cylinders sent to a site sponsor on here who could take a look at them for you.  they'll measure the port timings for you and then tell you whether it was for a +4mil or a +7mil crank.....which will give you some serious answers to questions like should you keep the motor or should you part it out.  also it will make it ALOT easier on yourself when selling the cylinders......then someone will know what they are buying and wont be scared off when you say "I don't know what they're setup for"

you are right about know first what is the set up for, good point!

Thanks

You said it had a spacer plate- you can probably measure the thickness of the spacer plate and then double it. That should be what the stroker crank is, assuming that they did not modify the head for the stroker also. You should be able to look at the ports and see if they have been ported. If they are not ported, the head is not modified for the stroker and it just has the spacer plate, then you could use the cylinders with a stock crank.

the head looks stock to me. so i have some assignment to do

thanks!

Do you have access to look at the cases the jugs are off of? If so you can see if they are trenched. If there is a machined groove fro the crank it would be a 7, if there is no machining it's probably the 4mm

I'll double check but yes, the case has a machined groove. I thought that was from factory.