New 32mm Mikuni TM Carburetors - Need a Starting Point On Jetting

Thack82

I need some help, I just bought a Brand New Set of 32mm Mikuni T.M. Series Smoothbore Flat-Slide Carburetors for my Banshee that has a F.A.S.T. Play Ported SS/68mm Serval with Rocket R2 Pipes that runs on 93 Octane Pump Gas.

I'm also running a Trinity Cool Head w/ 21cc Domes, EHS/Outerwears Lid Insert (Equivalent to NO Air Box Lid), K&N Air Filter with Outerwears Cover, Pro-Design Billet Intakes, Chariot Billet Reed Cages w/ Reed Gage Spacers/Boyesen Power Reeds, and a bunch of other bolt on Performance mods.

I'm at 740'-780' above Sea Level.... Do you guys have any suggestions on a Jetting Starting Point?

With my old Keihin PWK 28mm "D" Slides my Winter Jetting was #52 Pilots and 165 Mains.

I know the Jet Number's and everything else is completely different between the Keihin PWK's 28's "D" Slides and the 32mm Mikuni T.M. Flat-Slides but I thought it might help you if you knew what I had been running.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've already bought 30mm-32mm Pro-Design Rubber Carburetor Boot's for my Pro-Design Billet Intakes and UPP Racing's 32mm-33mm Air Box/Intake Boots, but I cant find a set of OEM Style Clamps for the 32mm Mikuni TM Carburetors. I'm sure the Carburetor Clamps for the 34mm Keihin PJ Carburetors will work with my Mikuni's too if I could find them, if any body could tell me where to buy a set (all four 2-Fronts & 2-Rears) Carb Clamps for my 32mm Carbs it would help me out tremendously. Ive been searching for the past two days.

Thank You,

Jim Thacker

I just put some 32 tm carbs on a dune ported stock stroke stock cylinder bike with 21 cc domes. I wound up with 290 mains and 30 pilots, im on the coast at sea level and could get by with a 300 main but it runs best with the 290. I had 40 pilots to start and they did fine but i had my screws  2 1/2 turns out and wanted to run them at 1 1/2 so i dropped to 30s.

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree with maskman. Bigger carbs=smaller jets. Your getting more velocity. I'm running 34mm TM Flats with 30 pilot and 260 main on 4mill 64.50 bore at 800ft. ported rad valve with boyensen reeds. I started with 330 mains and shee would not run worth a crap. Hope that helps

you get more velocity with smaller carbs.

the tm's carbs just use a smaller main jet, they must get a stronger signal through carb design.  pwk's dont go smaller on the main when the carb is bigger.

a bigger motor will suck more fuel too.

sorry i cant help with 32mm jetting ive only ran the 34tm's.   but they do run a way lean main.

my serval with shearers n 34's TM's ran 270main 50 pilot,  then ported serval, 290-300 main.   stock carbs on the non ported serval setup was 340mains.