Pro Mod tranny

Nightmare

Pro mod, ez shift, ez cut..... Whatever we choose to call it will always be better then a stocker! However who cut it will make all the difference. Mine is the true Pro Mod from WCR and it is kick ass, but done by a douche! None the less I can ride it very aggressively and am able to ride it two different ways. Either blip the throttle and shift, or pin the throttle and just ever so slightly tap the clutch. I do either depending on what the bike is doing. I'm starting to get enough practice on it to shift it like an override on open straight situations to. But I can back load it all day engine braking after a down shift for big flat track turns, or long down hill sections. If a bike ever sees tight riding this is the way to go! Just make sure to accompany it with every shift mod you can minus the easy spring and get a good pancake bearing.

X2 - :headbang:

Pro mod, ez shift, ez cut..... Whatever we choose to call it will always be better then a stocker! However who cut it will make all the difference. Mine is the true Pro Mod from WCR and it is kick ass, but done by a douche! None the less I can ride it very aggressively and am able to ride it two different ways. Either blip the throttle and shift, or pin the throttle and just ever so slightly tap the clutch. I do either depending on what the bike is doing. I'm starting to get enough practice on it to shift it like an override on open straight situations to. But I can back load it all day engine braking after a down shift for big flat track turns, or long down hill sections. If a bike ever sees tight riding this is the way to go! Just make sure to accompany it with every shift mod you can minus the easy spring and get a good pancake bearing.

So i can basically ride it like an over-ride on the track?

for them to work like tricked is describing takes way more than just wacking the dogs off. when it works right theyare very close in speed to an override. and at least 9 million times better than stock

just like an override if it was just the drum done or just angle cut gears it wouldnt work.

Pow! No really it depends who cuts it! It really isnt rocket science, but there is a science to it. A good tranny will have more then just every other dog removed. You could lay my tranny next to a stocker and see that there are several things done to it if you know what you are looking at.

I have a Tyson stock style cut on my bench. There is more done to it hen just whacking every other dog. Also have one of his overrides on my bench, let's just say he brought a few of those tricks over to the stock style cut. Do you have a stocker next to it that you can compare every little detail. The faces or tips of the gears, the little locking nubs on the sides of the gears profiled, the shaft polished, the remaining dogs and cogs profiled? Just curious..... Tyson usually does more to them then just the dogs. That just seems to be the only part of the process people remember. You might have something way better then you think. RUN IT!