Installing Baby cub and crank

Finch

So im picking up a 68x54, and a 115 rod crank. Going to start putting it in when it shows up, but i had some questions and advice. Ive yet to split my cases what all do i need to get to replace crank, seals gaskets ect. (i figure on base gasket and clutch gasket). Am i just better off getting a complete set of seals and gasket sets? if so any brand suggestions? Also lock washers and clips and such? Its going to have 19cc domes(5000 ft elevation) until i check comp and see whats going to be the best application. New to cubs so any advice or input would be sweet! Im going to be ditching the t5s and stock carbs since i know that wont be the best. Probably going to go with some mid 30's mikunis and either cpi or shearers if i can get my hands on some.

Ive already got a +6 and some 10pdl haulers i think will work decent. Just looking for some more info cant seem to find much info on baby cubs.

Thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, look over the bottom end walkthrough in my signature. It will show you most of the parts that will need to be replaced like lock washers and such... We could skip riding this weekend and you can bring your box ofparts to my place and we can assemble your new motor. I have all the parts and stuff you would need.

Jared

Finch. Im being totally nice here. No hard feelings ok. Here goes.

Check deck height with no gasket. Check squish of domes. Pick a gasket that lands u where u wanna be as far as squish after u do the math. I hope that helps. Ur durations will move slightly with different gaskets but .012 should be as cast timings still. "should be" but i dont know ur setup.