29L/R STRIKES AGAIN

And nascar rebuilds engines to have the most perfect engine everytime. Not because it doesn't run.

They rebuild them because the motors are stressed from the race. and they dont want a part failure the following race..

And they still blow up all the time.. its a FACT.. Race engines are time bombs.. end of story.

Wait what? My bike revs out to about 16500. I shift at 10k I think that's a lot more then my banshee will see.

RZ350.

Most people shift their banshees's at redline. and HOLD peak RPM..

My R6 tached out at 15.5. I did most of my shifts around 8-10k cruised around 4k majority of my time was spent between 4-8k Thats half of the peak RPM. So that means a banshee would have to operate around 5-6k to be similar..

your talking 4cyl 4 strokes on a road or a sled with a cvt trans vs. a twin cylinder 2 stroke in a race enviroment. gotta compare apples to apples.

Personally i don't think a built motor can be expected to last as long as a stocker. You ever wonder why Yamaha didn't set the stock timing a few degrees up, or the carbs a little closer to stoich? I've never owned a bike with carbs that wasn't rich with stock jetting. Those things alone amount to several HP that the Yamaha engineers left on the table. Also, it's not as if they don't know how to design fast cylinders (see tz, tzr). When you look at it that way, they could've made the banshee about twice as powerful for basically the same cost... and didn't. In fact, there's an RZ350 series that makes 67 HP stock, about twice the banshee. That power was the margin that they left for the sake of reliability.

So that wasn't my point. My point was that if a stock motor will run reliably for 500 hours, a 4 mil with a Hot Rods will go for 150 hours and a Vitos will average 70 hours, I'd like to know that (an example only, not meaning the slur on Vitos cranks). And it makes sense to care, ESPECIALLY if our motors are all grenades.

So when i said it was silly, I only mean that it's silly to say basically "these motors are grenades, so you can't expect your crank not to fail." You're right, it will fail, so i want the best part on the market to increase the life of the motor before it fails.

To the statement about snowmobile cranks, ALOT of snowmobiles are fuel injected or have some type of high altitude compensating systems (HAC) which basically corrects the jetting when you change elevation levels. Plus most snowmobiles are also oil injected, that takes out the chance of possible error when it comes to mixing gas with oil, and most snowmobiles are set from the factory to run a little rich.

One thing I have noticed from my snowmobiling experiences is that most avid snowmobilers are NOT cheap when it comes to their sleds, they are often time spending 10-15K for their sleds and when it comes to engine building, most will send it to a either a reputable dealer or engine builder for modifications, sure there are people who do mods themself but I dont think it is as often as the typical banshee rider.

Snowmobile engines also come from the factory DESIGNED to put out high HP therefore alot of sleds do not see much more than a pipe/can & clutch setup. You really have to compare apples to apples here and a snowmobile is not the apple so to speak.

Of all the hobbies I have ever done in my life, I will honestly say that the Banshee community has some of the cheapest and laziest people I have ever seen. I'm not saying everyone on here is cheap & lazy but there are alot of cheap asses on here that skimp out on quality parts and maintenance for their machines which is crucial.

I agree with tylers statement too, there are way too many variables to pinpoint the failure directly to the rod. For instance, if your engine sees a lean condition and one cylinder starts to ceaze up, that would put a side load on the crank/rod and could essentially cause it to bend or break, thats why leak down test, proper jetting/tuning and other things are important for the longevity of these motors. Just my $.02, but for the record I dont know shit compared alot of people on here :cheers:

Here at banshee headquarters we encourage our members and guests alike, to in fact shut the fuck up, and/or prepare to shut the fuck up. Our rich history of shutting the fuck up and bowing to the supreme all mighty leader is what separates us from the rest of the 2 stroke Internet world. With this knowage prepare the next generation to shut the fuck up so our breed with reign on!!!!!!!!!

aee2c320-f038-d30d.jpg*sub American flag with imaginary banshee headquarters flag*

The reason for a race engine to fail is because one of the parts or more, weren't heavy duty enough to handle the hp and stress and load. An example.....a small light duty low rpm rated bearing installed in an application where high rpm and high load duty bearing is needed. Sure the small bearing will last, but only for about 5 min or whatever, where as the correct bearing will last way longer. Same thing with 29L/R rod.....it will take the 60-80hp for about 1 tank of gas and then quite, where a japanese rod will take it for much longer. If its built well enough, it will last. Top fuel cars also run aluminum engine parts for lightweight. An aluminum rod won't last as long as a forged steel rod.

I broke a oem rod when I first bought my Banshee. Let my brother ride it and he was running wfo for a few minutes. Piston seized and of course, the rod snapped. It can happen on any crank, any rod.

BUT to say that these inferior Taiwanese rods aren't to blame for all these new cases of crank failures is crazy. When you look at the failure rate of them vs every other rod manufacturers its easy to see. Jmo