Fabrication, Relocation, Function/Appearance

ticktock

Hey all, Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

I am currently working on my bike. I am doing some changes in prep for the install of a 10 mil Serval. Here is what is going on.

I am working on the 10mil install and I have gotten to the Carb and air box problem. I have cut the old mounts out of the frame, fabricated new mounts, positioned the air box on the Carbs and have tacked everything in place.

Because of the intake, the angle of the Carbs and the height of the air box I need to relocate the coolant res. Since I am also doing this, I figured I would clean up the entire area and move the electrical upfront. I think that I will be installing the electrical where the TORS box is below the Gas tank by the coil.

Now, where would be a good place to install the Coolant Res? I was thinking in front of the radiator, by the brake T-block. Now, I realize that this is not accessible without taking the fronts off, but really how often to I need to put more coolant in the Res? I think that if the res runs dry, I have more issues and I need to remove the fenders anyways. I only need to be able to see the res.

If anyone has any ideas, or thoughts on this that would be awesome. More than likely I will use a Threaded block to secure the reservoir. Similar to how a battery is secured in a car/truck.

I will get some pictures up tomorrow of the project, I have been working as I can on this so I am a bit slow. I do not have all of the tools to cut steel, but I can weld, grind and do a decent job.

Adam

You can throw the coolant rezzie in the trash. As long as your coolant system is up to spec and the bike is jetted properly, you will not need that rezzie.

What kind of riding do you do that you're keeping the air box? What kind of filter system are you planning to run?

As far as mounting the electrical stuff, I would keep the CDI away from the coil just to avoid any possible interference.. Here is where I mounted my electrical stuff.

13056_532496087491_108001394_31509508_7529133_n.jpg

You can throw the coolant rezzie in the trash. As long as your coolant system is up to spec and the bike is jetted properly, you will not need that rezzie.

What kind of riding do you do that you're keeping the air box? What kind of filter system are you planning to run?

As far as mounting the electrical stuff, I would keep the CDI away from the coil just to avoid any possible interference.. Here is where I mounted my electrical stuff.

13056_532496087491_108001394_31509508_7529133_n.jpg

What he said

I didn't think of electrical interference on a 12v system. Can move it to the front like that pretty easy. Trail riding, but there may or may not be water involved. I am running a stock box with a K&N Power lid + a K&N Filter. I should switch up to a UNI filter for the box.

Ok, I will ditch the Res. I didnt think I needed it but thought that I would keep it.

Adam

Well,

I finished everything up today. Here are the pictures. With my time so short I am going to just run it like this, and then paint it when I get back. I plan on getting out the FIEND and shaving off the Coolant RES mounts on the back of the airbox.

Adam

P.S. Don't like my Pink Shock? Phuck you!

SAM_0187.jpg

SAM_0188.jpg

SAM_0193.jpg

SAM_0191.jpg

SAM_0189.jpg

SAM_0190.jpg

A ten mill with a stock airbox? There's something you don't see on here everyday. Looks pretty clean. Diggin that shock.

just so no flames, that motor is not a 10mil. That is my stock ported, still waiting on a few things for the 10mil.

Thanks, got any pink fronts?

Did you say your keepin the tors box?

@ Dave - Nothing big needed, Chariot bowl and Pancake bearing are the last of my needs until I put it together and find out I "Have to have" something else! As is always the way!!

@ Zach - No sir, I was planning on running the CDI by where the TORS box was until Tyler suggested keeping it away from the coil in case of electrical interference.. TORs is long gone!

Quick question though. I saw that the right side of the PWK has a spot for an idle screw Can I drill/tap that for an idle screw and plug/weld the left hole closed?

Adam

Quick question though. I saw that the right side of the PWK has a spot for an idle screw Can I drill/tap that for an idle screw and plug/weld the left hole closed?

Adam

I would guess that depends what the slide looks like. Does it have the small ramp area like the left side does? Don't know why it wouldn't work if that is there. Sure would make setting the idle easier.