Bad Luck again fresh topend destroyed in 3 months

Bad news again BHQ fam, I blew my motor again today. I dont know what could have cause this to happen. I had fresh bored/hone by HJR with brand new wiseco prolite pistons (64.75). wiseco gasket kit, chariot coolhead w/ 21cc domes, & new oring kit from JL, +4 timing. I put everything together by specs. from Cylmers manual. I did leakdown test & it pass. I ran 32:1 castor 927/ pump 93. Today I went to start it & the kicker was light as in low compression. So it kicked it three times & it started on the third kick which was normal. It wouldn't idle so im thinking it won't idle because the weather was in the high 70's today & it was jetted for 40-60 degrees. I lightly held the throttle until it warmed up & took it down the road when it shutdown. I pull in the yard & it started back up but only fired on one cylinder. I tore the topend down to find this: What didn't i do right?

085.jpg

084.jpg

083.jpg

Edited by 252wheelieking

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are those needle bearing marks in the domes and on the piston tops? its odd that theres damage on both sides if those marks are from the wrist-pin bearings..

I have not removed the cylinders yet so I dont know. It puzzles me also that both pistons are damaged. I am going to pull the cylinders today & they are going to be in the for sale section. Im tired of rebuilding this damn stock stroke.

Check your crank. Is your crank welded? Could have lost the needle bearings from the connecting rod.

I hope it isnt the crank, I just brought this crank from a site sponsor & was told that it was a very low hour crank that was used for one season. It was true & welded, installed new outer bearings & fully inspected by the site sponsor. He said it came from his personal bike, so I believe him.

this happens crank let go. on older motors freshen up the top end and a lot of times the let go after that.

Everything was replaced with new parts except crank from site sponsor. He said it only had one season on it with very low hours & it came from his personal bike. :confused:

Id check water impeller. Or cooling system..

Thanks for the pointer...I will do that cause im :confused: as hell right now. it ran good the last time I rode it. it had good compression & all of a sudden yesterday the compression was low. Whatever happen had to have happen the last time i rode it but i didnt notice it.