How to build a cheap carb sync tool

nihilism

I built a carb sync tool for $7.50 worth of stuff at home depot im sure you can find this stuff anywhere. Found guys doing this on YouTube, its probably been posted before but i figured it was worth sharing it worked good for me but i don't know if it would work with anything but stock carb intake boots.

What you need:

1- Yard stick

2- 3/16" barb x 1/4" MIP brass fittings

10' of 1/4 od pvc tubing

electrical tape

heat shrink

Basically all you do is find the middle of the 1/4" pvc tubing the best you can and draw a line.

Center the line in the middle of the end of the yard stick.

I used electrical tape im sure zip ties would work great too, tape the pvc tubing up the sides of the yard stick keeping the 1/4" pvc tubing tight

Pull the ends of the pvc tubing tight so they are even and cut them so they are even, the more even they are the better your results.

Install the brass fittings on the ends of the 1/4" pvc tubing, i found that if you heat the pvc tubing under hot running water it makes them easier to install.

Shrink wrap the brass fittings, this makes sure that they seal tight to the intake boots where the sync tube attaches.

Finally, fill the tube with your favorite 2 stroke oil.

Your final product should look similar to this:

2012-02-12_16-45-48_936.jpg

2012-02-12_16-46-26_37.jpg

2012-02-12_16-46-54_278.jpg

Now all you have to do is take out your intake boot sync tube and install the brass fittings into the hole in the intake boot.

Use the clamps from the sync tube to clamp the brass fittings in the boots for an air tight seal.

Start up your banshee and let it warm up, then tune your carbs until the 2 stroke oil level is the same on both sides.

Feel free to post suggestions and comments, im new to the whole banshee thing so i am far from calling myself an expert on anything.

That's it, hope it helps somebody.

I used it on my banshee and it worked great. As long as you sync your carbs by eye first you shouldnt have to worry about sucking oil into the engine.

P.S.

Picklez&Beetz I cant get enough of that gif. I just keep watching it over and over and.... lol

Edited by nihilism

• 2 weeks later...

edlebrock makes a cheap 30 buck one that you dont have to make any holes for, is extremely versatile and easy to use.

this one?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/wcsstore/CVWEB/staticproductimage//N3389/large/17140066_edb_4025_pri_larg.jpg

doesnt work worth a shit on small carbs.

• 2 months later...

U could prob use an hvac u tube manometer too. Pretty much the same thing but already made up. I've got a couple made by Dwyer. Don't mean to piss on your idea. That's a good home brew deal.

You keep your HVAC non-sense voodoo tools out of here! Shoo! Shoo! Be gone!

You're gonna have to make sure you have the center of the hose pretty perfect right? Also, what if your yardstick isn't perfectly level? Would it throw it all off? I guess if you started out with the fluid level and then cranked it up, that would solve the level problem. Just thought of that.