YFZshee projects

So this topic seems to be becoming more and more popular.

Id like to hear from the guys who have done this before, lets hear the pro and cons to this conversion. Im really curious on how this bike really performs with a banshee motor.

Post up pics of your final product!!

Joe

Check my gallery for pics. The long travel Yfz frame rides way smooth and more control doing wheelies , woops or jumps. I can feather the brakes way better. I think the rear shock setup act like a +2 swing arm on a banshee frame. I hope more people post their impression of the conversion. Best part is the look on four poke owers face when a banshee goes by.

Cons cutting pipes to fit frame. Becarfull on your air filter choice I went with stock 450 air box with k&n and had a aluminum manifold made to use it. If you go with pods. Think about the rear mount and where the filters would stop.

Also the stock tank is for drag racers. Desert tank is a must.

Edited by thomas h.

Ive been doing endless research on these projects, For the guys who have done these, what would you have done different?

There has to be numerous things you would change if you were to build another one, if so what are they???

I cant tell you how curious i am on the weight difference from a YFZ and a YFZshee...

Joe

did you read my thread yet?

best thing to do is treat it like a real conversion. yes you need to actually change the frame to make it fit and LOOK right and work like it should. if not it just looks like cobbled up trash. yes i said that.