ATHENA BIG BORE?

I talked to a guy that was running one and he really liked it.. and it ran hard. Cameron at Redline put it together and the only thing he said is that the pistons and head that come in the kit are junk. The pistons are cast and the head makes really low compression. But he said the cylinder is good for the money

• 4 months later...

ended up ordering a set. it looks good. the pistons are made in japan and look like a set of stock ones basically. the exhaust port is higher and wider and the intake port is actually a fair amount taller too. the head that comes with isnt the bomb but visually it does have smaller domes and in my opinion is a fair bit better than stock as well. i ordered a set of 33mm pwk carbs as well. the plating on the cylinders looks really good as well. all in all looks like a great kit. i cant seem to find a different piston for them as of yet but aside from the stock look of them there not "junk" by any means

ended up ordering a set. it looks good. the pistons are made in japan and look like a set of stock ones basically. the exhaust port is higher and wider and the intake port is actually a fair amount taller too. the head that comes with isnt the bomb but visually it does have smaller domes and in my opinion is a fair bit better than stock as well. i ordered a set of 33mm pwk carbs as well. the plating on the cylinders looks really good as well. all in all looks like a great kit. i cant seem to find a different piston for them as of yet but aside from the stock look of them there not "junk" by any means

What size did you get? I have a 421. it came with wiesco 68mm pistons. I opted for a single carb setup and used a 41mm. still havent got that right. cant seem to get it jetted right. but from the lil bit of riding i have done 1-2 hahaha it is cool. only problem i had was i used the stroker head gasket and the o ring when i put the head on, and it wouldnt seal. (first build, didnt know i had to choose) other that no problems. im gonna try and figure this jetting out on this 41mm until my tors elim kit and k&n's get here then im gonna put my stock carbs back on and see if that works.. when you get it installed let me know.. would be nice to hear about some one that has one that runs right so i can know what to expect

this build was 1500 for vforce reeds, head with domes, 33 mm complete carb kit cylinders and pistons. the cub could not be done for this price. i ran the numbers with every sponsor on here. cub 1000 head 300 reeds 200 carbs 650 2150 is more than 1500 plus there is a few more goodies i want. the quality of this kit is absolutely there for the price

this build was 1500 for vforce reeds, head with domes, 33 mm complete carb kit cylinders and pistons. the cub could not be done for this price. i ran the numbers with every sponsor on here. cub 1000 head 300 reeds 200 carbs 650 2150 is more than 1500 plus there is a few more goodies i want. the quality of this kit is absolutely there for the price

paid 1700 for my cub kit. baught carbs pipes clutch basket lockout over ride and cpi pipes and totalled out at about 2800 bucks.

Edited by I'm GAY