boost bottle- gone- cap or put a connecting tube in?

westrob

Hey everyone, just bought my first banshee... a'99 and its fun but not running right... The guy i bought it from said it has a new top end and bored and it has 34mm PJs... top end is new for sure. So after spending lots of time, taking carbs apart, checking jets and reeds i finally checked out the boost bottle on it. The rubber connectors where the boost bottle goes in were all cracked and torn. SO i am definitely not putting the boost bottle back on- from what i read it doesnt do anything anyways, it has the pro design intake part where the boost bottle connected too. Now im not sure, should i connect a rubber tube to the pro design parts so the carbs are connected or just cap those off so there is no connecting tube?

Thanks, Rob

just block them off..

on the stock boots i even make these neato lil alluminum plugs that go in there. the sit low enough tha they are flat with the top of the intake. i feel it helps with throttle response less low end CC in motor

Went to hardware store and couldn't find anything to cap it, so I bought a tube, I'm going to put it on and see how it runs... Ill keep my eye out for any caps but I think the tube will have to do for now...

If the intake boots are cracked (I thought you said that in the first post) why not just replace them with intake boots without the boost bottle ports?

SP

No the rubber intake boots that the carb is attached to aren't cracked, its the rubber pieces on the boost bottle that are ripped up where the boost bottle connectes to the prodesign spacers (if that's what they are called?) ... The spacers have a male end that goes into the female end of the boost bottle and there is a rubber part to seal the female and male end together... Does that make sense? I tried to explain best I could without pics

No the rubber intake boots that the carb is attached to aren't cracked, its the rubber pieces on the boost bottle that are ripped up where the boost bottle connectes to the prodesign spacers (if that's what they are called?) ... The spacers have a male end that goes into the female end of the boost bottle and there is a rubber part to seal the female and male end together... Does that make sense? I tried to explain best I could without pics

In that case, I would cut the nipple off of the intake manifold, drill and tap into the inside bore and thread in a plug with a good sealant. Like an NPT flush plug and Yamabond or Threebond.

SP

i wish it had the brass inserts, be a lot easier but it doesnt... i dont really want to cut the nipples off just incase i go to sell it and someone wants the boost bottle on it... ill post pictures once i put the carbs and reeds back on...

If you cut the nipples off, how will you plug the holes? The pvc caps fit right into the nipples. Cheaper and easier than getting a crossover tube. :cheers:

Drill and tap for NPT flush plug or ISO plug with sealing ring. Not so difficult and much cleaner look.

SP

• 2 weeks later...