What is this

I tore my banshee down to the last bolt. Itemized and bagged all the parts. I am now trying to rebuild the rear swing arm and put on a modquad 4 piece chain slider kit. Its not fitting right so i looked at the parts explosion in my climers and I noticed i am missing a piece. In the Diagram its #42. They are calling it a pipe. The pic isnt helping me but im assuming it centers the chain slider. My questions are.... What is it? What does it look like? AND Where can I buy one?

reararm.png

A quick Google search here: http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model_years/4670-yamaha-1996-banshee-YFZ350H/assemblies/135856

Shows that it is part # 2GU-22155-00-00

Another quick Google search of 2GU-22155-00-00 shows:

http://www.google.com/search?q=2GU-22155-00-00&hl=en&rlz=1R2GPEA_enUS328&biw=1259&bih=609&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&wrapid=tlif130013841828410&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=fw#q=2GU-22155-00-00&hl=en&sa=N&rlz=1R2GPEA_enUS328&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbs=shop:1&tbo=u&ei=rYp-TbafK8aKrQGi3ozPBQ&ved=0CD8QrQQ&biw=763&bih=407&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=4bc4d96e154bbdb2

It took me less than two minutes and two Google searches to discover that it is the collar for the chain guard and less than $20 on E-bay and elsewhere.

I'm not trying to be an ass, sometimes it comes naturally, but REALLY! it probably took longer to post to BHQ that it would to find the answer.

A quick Google search here: http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model_years/4670-yamaha-1996-banshee-YFZ350H/assemblies/135856

Shows that it is part # 2GU-22155-00-00

Another quick Google search of 2GU-22155-00-00 shows:

http://www.google.com/search?q=2GU-22155-00-00&hl=en&rlz=1R2GPEA_enUS328&biw=1259&bih=609&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&wrapid=tlif130013841828410&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=fw#q=2GU-22155-00-00&hl=en&sa=N&rlz=1R2GPEA_enUS328&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbs=shop:1&tbo=u&ei=rYp-TbafK8aKrQGi3ozPBQ&ved=0CD8QrQQ&biw=763&bih=407&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=4bc4d96e154bbdb2

It took me less than two minutes and two Google searches to discover that it is the collar for the chain guard and less than $20 on E-bay and elsewhere.

I'm not trying to be an ass, sometimes it comes naturally, but REALLY! it probably took longer to post to BHQ that it would to find the answer.

You know your completely right,everyone should start doing that instead of posting,and maybe someday,if we work real hard,we may be able to get rid of all the web traffic on here. I guess that would make this site worth 0$,but hey at least there wouldnt be easy questions!

Well obviously he found the parts diagram somewhere. He didn't want a part no. , how much, or where to get it. He wanted to know what it was. And what it did. Pipe is a rather nondescriptive term, chain roller bushing would make more sense.

He asked "What is it? What does it look like? AND Where can I buy one?"

All things he could have 'discovered' with a quick Google search.

Too much 'help me' and not enough 'try'.

You know your completely right,everyone should start doing that instead of posting,and maybe someday,if we work real hard,we may be able to get rid of all the web traffic on here. I guess that would make this site worth 0$,but hey at least there wouldnt be easy questions!

Maybe, but more than likely we would be left with more time to help with harder questions that a Google search wouldn't answer.

There's lots to learn and share here on BHQ. I don't mind helping but when people don't help themselves it gets real old real quick.

Maybe, but more than likely we would be left with more time to help with harder questions that a Google search wouldn't answer.

There's lots to learn and share here on BHQ. I don't mind helping but when people don't help themselves it gets real old real quick.

i agree... the whole: how much power will this make, and can a banshee beat a ______ get old too.... now i was new once, and there are things to know about a banshee specifically, that can be easiest found here on this site, but THIS particular question.... ridiculous... what is it???? its a piece of plastic you dont need with your kit.... what does it look like???? jesus christ! are you serious?? YOU just posted a picture of it... im gonna go with "it looks like the goddamn picture you just posted"

JEFF at FAST racing can get you a new one... but again you dont need it

Edited by thrill-billy85

Well I tahank everyone that helped including the guy with an atitude. I thought this site was here to help. The pic didnt help and the description didnt help. i would search banshee pipe but that didnt help either. It obviously helped more than just me. If u dont want to share ur knowldge. (Obviously gods gift to banshee parts and google) Than Move on and dont post. Just my thought on the bitching i have recieved.

Jesus tap dancing Christ everyone, get your panties out of your ass crack. It's a pressed on stainless sleeve that the POS plastic factory roller (#10) spins on. It has to be removed and thrown away to install the Modquad style chain slider. It's probably there so that when the plastic roller goes all to hell, and the chain starts chewing up the sleeve, you can press on a new sleeve, and have a smooth surface for a new roller to spin on again.

Jesus tap dancing Christ everyone, get your panties out of your ass crack. It's a pressed on stainless sleeve that the POS plastic factory roller (#10) spins on. It has to be removed and thrown away to install the Modquad style chain slider. It's probably there so that when the plastic roller goes all to hell, and the chain starts chewing up the sleeve, you can press on a new sleeve, and have a smooth surface for a new roller to spin on again.

Exactly what i was looking for. Ur answer tells me what it does and that i dont need it. Your the man!!!!

Typical internet forum BS man, don't sweat it. Some people have nothing better to do than to bitch at someone for asking a question when I guaran-damn-tee that they've done something like that at one time or another. Sounds like you have your answer though. I ran into the same thing with my ModQuad kit, their website sucks for tech info and they won't email back either. So I came on here with my question just like you did and got flamed to hell for it but thankfully there are still some out there like myself that do not care whatsoever to give someone help without bitching at them about using the search function or other methods. If people don't have anything constructive to say then they should pass on by and that goes for everyone from the site owner down to a newb. Bunch of keyboard whores getting off on giving others a hard time. Almost sounds like some form of personal insecurity to me. Phuck 'em.

#10 is the actual guard. Im Thinking the gaurd rides on #42. Im not sure. Hopefully someone will no what it is

im not sure but im sure someone will chime in. lol :jesterlaugh: