t.o.r.s question please help me

i bought a banshee a week ago or so and it had been rolled over. it has spark but it wont start. it ran a few months ago before it was rolled and wouldnt start after the rollover. after troubleshooting via clymers manual, i have come down to t.o.r.s. as the issue. there is a wire coming from the t.o.r.s. that comes up the handlebar to the clutch side and it looks like its missing something where it plugs into the handlebar controls and i cant figure it out. can someone tell me what goes here? thanks.

and again, its not letting me upload my damn pictures.

I am working on removing mine now. Got all electrical figured, just need to do idle screws. Clutch side wire is not tors, but parking brake. I am removing mine, should be able to unplug from harness and clutch.

It limits rev when parking brake is on.

Edited by Banshee Chad

Have you unplugged the box under the left front fender area?

i unplugged the box and tried to start it and nothing happened. i pulled a plug and poured some fuel in the cylinder and kicked it and it started for about 3 seconds. so its deffinitely something to do with that stupid t.o.r.s. i wish there was a way to just unplug or bypass that stupid thing. guess im gonna be buyin the removal kit.

Are ur carbs functioning? Full petcock is on and gas in tank?

yea its gettin gas to the carbs. i sprayed some fuel in the carbs and it would start and run but then it would die after about 10 seconds. not sure if the carbs are working right or not but the bike was running perfectly a couple months ago before the rollover so i would think they would be fine. i guess im just gonna get the t.o.r.s. removal and go from there. why do these damn bikes have to be so complicated.

yea its gettin gas to the carbs. i sprayed some fuel in the carbs and it would start and run but then it would die after about 10 seconds. not sure if the carbs are working right or not but the bike was running perfectly a couple months ago before the rollover so i would think they would be fine. i guess im just gonna get the t.o.r.s. removal and go from there. why do these damn bikes have to be so complicated.

If it ran when you sprayed gas in it sounds like its not getting fuel. Tors removal will help make jetting easier. Dont forget the actual tors box below tank on left. Good luck, keep us updated.

no i havent. do you mean unplug it and then try to start it? would that wire not being plugged in on the clutch side cause it not to start? thanks

Since you didn't use the search, I will walk you through this. The wire going to the clutch lever HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TORS! It is a park brake rev limiter controlled by the CDI box. The only proper way to get rid of it is to cut the green/yellow wire IN THE BIKE HARNESS at the CDI box plug. The rev limiter is engaged when that wire is connected to ground, so you don't want it accidently shorting to ground. If you have a problem related to the park brake rev limiter, the bike will usually start and idle fine, BUT runs bad when you rev the throttle. If you are talking about the black/white wire going to the left handlebar, that is the wire to the kill switch and it shuts off the engine by connecting to ground, so it should be connected to the kill switch and nothing else. TO DISABLE THE TORS SYTEM, ALL you need to do is unplug the little black box under the left side of the fuel tank next to the coil. That will disable the TORS so it will not be the reason if you don't have spark. The TORS removal kit just gets rid of the big carb tops and cleans things up so it is easier to work on.The TORS system uses a logic box that if it does not see the proper signals from the switches in the carbs and thumb throttle, it kills the spark and shuts down the engine. This is to prevent a runaway if you let off the throttle and the carb slides do not close. If the TORS malfunctions, the bike won't start at all. NOW, since you put an alternative fuel in it and it started and ran briefly, that should have told you that you have spark, and are not getting fuel to make it run. You need to make sure there is fuel in the tank and getting to the carbs. If it is, then you need to tear apart your carbs, ONE AT A TIME so you don't mix up any parts, and clean and adjust them. You really need to get a Clymers or factory service manual and spend some time on here reading the forums and technical information.

If it ran when you sprayed gas in it sounds like its not getting fuel. Tors removal will help make jetting easier. Dont forget the actual tors box below tank on left. Good luck, keep us updated.

That's what I'm thinking too. If it starts when you add fuel and doesn't when you don't........Wouldn't that be lack of fuel?