yfz/shee hybrid R2 pipes mounted up tonite

sheepipeson001.jpg

sheepipeson006.jpg

sheepipeson002.jpg

sheepipeson005.jpg

sheepipeson003.jpg

Had to cut ends off and do some grinding and turn pipes to clear everything. I will get a hold of tom and see if i can get some of the pipe between the pipes and silencers to bend and make fit. I think i will mount silencers inside of frame then i wont have to make a extra bend. I think i will clean up my welds a little and send to tom get them chromed.I used a die grinder cleaned up the inside pretty good. Dont know about plastic yet i will worry about that later.What do you guys think so far? Be honest im a big boy.LOL

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, good job on the pipe fitment.

I had one of these and ended up not loving it like I thought I would. I suppose I don't like the feel of the yfz as much as the good ol banshee. For me the better route would be something keeping the comfortability of the banshee while creating better geometry, like an outlaw frame or sundahl.

Keep the pics coming of your progress.

What kind of pipes did you have? Most of them i see on the net the pipes dont look to good or they have to cut them completely up to make fit. I didnt want to do that so i took my time trying to get these right. I was ready to cut the frame up and reroute tubes before i cut up the pipes. I will get some more picks when i get the rest of the exhaust done.Thanks Mike

Yea Ryan i should have it ready if everything works out. It wasnt to bad to get the pipes to fit. Getting the motor in took a little while to get sprockets lined up and the motor the right height for the front sprocket. I havnt cut anything off of the frame yet it still has all the 450 mounts right now but i think im going to cut them off when i get everything done. I had to make a back mount it wasnt to difficult just used tubing and made some tabs to hook up with.I havnt made any brackets for the bottom mounts yet still havnt decided if im going to put them on or not. I dont know if the are really needed or not. What do you guys think.

looks damn good.can't wait to see it done. so far with what you have done, did you have to chop the frame yet or did it pretty much bolt right in? not including your pipes.

If you look at the first pic you can see the bracket i made for the back. Looks kinda rough rite now but i will clean it up when i tear it back down.The front mounts i used the 450s and bent them switched sides and groiund on them to clear takes time but what else are you going to do in the winter. Hope this helps.

What kind of pipes did you have? Most of them i see on the net the pipes dont look to good or they have to cut them completely up to make fit. I didnt want to do that so i took my time trying to get these right. I was ready to cut the frame up and reroute tubes before i cut up the pipes. I will get some more picks when i get the rest of the exhaust done.Thanks Mike

I used some old fmf fatties I had laying around. I just cut them either straight across or slightly angled at different points in the bends before the expansion chambers started opening up to much, rotating if needed until I had them clear and fit like I wanted. Ended up not altering the length of the cones to much luckily.

I'm sure if I spent more time getting the front end set up like I wanted, maybe some taller seat foam, and taller stem

I would have liked it much more, money was a problem and the reason I got rid of it as soon as I did. I may have pics of it in 450 form somewhere but all my build pics were lost on my last laptop (never buy an HP shoothead.gif)

yfz's with thicker seat foam are VERY nice ride.

those pieps fit pretty good MAN they are sticking way out! sawweet

someday soon i will start on my yfz/banshee project..

the outlaw i have i would LOVE to have jigged and use the swingarm, a-arms, stem banshee motor, BUT use YFZ plastics and seat OR even the 450r seat, from a honda.. the yfz plastics on one piece i think woudl work well.

biggest issue is the radiator, pipe fitment to me. mine will have out frames... going to be a dune drag bike.. light as heck!