#1 252wheelieking

252wheelieking

HQ Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • Interests:GOING FASTER!

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:57 AM

Just posting for a friend to see whats the difference in the FMF Fatty & FMF Gnarly?

#2 banshee67

banshee67

HQ Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

fatty is a more all around pipe. the gnarly is more of a low end pipe if you have questions like these, the internet is an awesome source. i just got this info from fmf web site

#3 bad 350 shee

bad 350 shee

HQ Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

gnarlys are a great woods pipe on a stock port banshee fattys are more of a mid top pipe compared to gnarlys and go better with a port job :headbang:

#4 Snopczynski

Snopczynski

HQ Commander In Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Wife, XBOX 360, guns, and the Banshee

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:28 AM

gnarley is a low-mid pipe, and fatty is a mid-top pipe. Both go with port jobs, it just depends on the port job. There is no such thing as an all around pipe. A list of mods, riding type, and desired power output level would be needed to determine the best pipe.

#5 252wheelieking

252wheelieking

HQ Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • Interests:GOING FASTER!

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:46 AM

gnarley is a low-mid pipe, and fatty is a mid-top pipe. Both go with port jobs, it just depends on the port job. There is no such thing as an all around pipe. A list of mods, riding type, and desired power output level would be needed to determine the best pipe.

That sounds realistic.....I take that & run with....Thanks

#6 He's A Shee

He's A Shee

HQ Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Hillclimbing, Trailriding, MX riding, Working on my bike, Working on my truck, Guitar, Women.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

Hey sorry to get onto your thread, but I really didn't want to start a new one just for one stupid question.

I just got a 2000 'shee, New to the forum! Used to have a '87 back in the day

So anyways, my bike is .30 over, K&N airfilter, snorkel off, with gnarly @ turbine core II's.

Elevation is 1130.45 above sea level

What should the jetting be at? I bought it the way it is so I don't know if the guy ever jetted it or not.

Just want to see if whats in there is close to what it should be.

Thanks!!

#7 banshee67

banshee67

HQ Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

Hey sorry to get onto your thread, but I really didn't want to start a new one just for one stupid question.

I just got a 2000 'shee, New to the forum! Used to have a '87 back in the day

So anyways, my bike is .30 over, K&N airfilter, snorkel off, with gnarly @ turbine core II's.

Elevation is 1130.45 above sea level

What should the jetting be at? I bought it the way it is so I don't know if the guy ever jetted it or not.

Just want to see if whats in there is close to what it should be.

Thanks!!

i would think if you are that low then you should be around 280 - 300 mains. that would be a good starting point

#8 MacRacer1

MacRacer1

HQ Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, quads, dirtbikes

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:10 PM

If you plan on doing trails and woods stuff like that stock with gnarleys other wise if u are picking between fmfs go with fattys but I suggest dmc 916s for trails and toomeys for open areas like dunes

#9 banshee67

banshee67

HQ Soldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:49 PM

If you plan on doing trails and woods stuff like that stock with gnarleys other wise if u are picking between fmfs go with fattys but I suggest dmc 916s for trails and toomeys for open areas like dunes

xs 2