newbie repair question

drag_banshee

hello everyone im new here and i have a question. Went out to ride my banshee the other day and noticed a trail of tranny fluid following me into the garage. It seems to be coming from behind an odd shaped plastic cover of some sort on the left side housing that has 3 screws in it. There is a o-ring on the back side of this piece. Any help to what this piece is or how to fix it would be very helpful thanks.

Thats your neutral switch cover (shift drum is behind it) Does it look like he o-ring is messed up?

I would replace the o-ring or the whole cover and snug it up.

Very cheap simple 10 cent fix.

Could be a small lil crack of flat spot that you cant see letting oil seep by.

Just replace the o-ring and im certain it wont leak any longer.

But have you looked to see if the 2 plugs for the shift fork shafts in my pic here are not whats leaking or one of them fell out? Sometimes they just come out or leak for some reason.

Check the sprocket seal and shift shaft seal also just for fun.

Check back with your findings.

Motorbuild018.jpg

I got it from Modquad 3 years ago. Some people say they don't like the billet case savers and like the plastic type better. Ive never had one problem with it. Fits perfect and nice and tight with a 15T sprocket so if heaven forbid i ever did throw a chain theres no room for it to bind up and crack my cases anyways.

I have never seen one pic or heard of cases still being cracked with a billet saver ever.

For $20 i had nothing to loose, does its job.