Serval Cat

Ok guys got the new serval cat running! I must say it is an absolute hoot to ride. The thing feels like the best stock cylinder dune port that we have done but pulls like a cub on top! This was a very conservative setup and we are going to try a few others very soon.

Setup was like this

As casted serval cat 68x58

22cc domes pump fuel (91 oct)

+4 on the plate

34 pj's cgl needle 158 main.

K&N Pods

Cpi sb inframes

The needle wasnt quite right it was lean off idle on the dyno but wasnt bad. I should be able to get more down low with more tuning or different carbs i really dont like pj's very well

Overall the thing has awesome "usable power" and is a home run for CP! Great job Calvin

serval1.pdf

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys got the new serval cat running! I must say it is an absolute hoot to ride. The thing feels like the best stock cylinder dune port that we have done but pulls like a cub on top! This was a very conservative setup and we are going to try a few others very soon.

Setup was like this

As casted serval cat 68x58

22cc domes pump fuel (91 oct)

+4 on the plate

34 pj's cgl needle 158 main.

K&N Pods

Cpi sb inframes

The needle wasnt quite right it was lean off idle on the dyno but wasnt bad. I should be able to get more down low with more tuning or different carbs i really dont like pj's very well

Overall the thing has awesome "usable power" and is a home run for CP! Great job Calvin

serval1.pdf

how many hp Andy? cant down file on mini lap top

They are identical to a cub exterior. Beyond the dyno sheet i got to ride the bike around for a little while before we strapped it down and it was a hoot to ride. Tons of usable power. You could lug it into a corner and power right out of it without touching the clutch. Its going to be a really fun duner/trail motor. I think with a little different dome/carb/pipe setup we could see more down low power than any oem cylinder can make and still pull on top!

A dyno sheet with PWK 28's and Pro Circuit pipes would be intresting to see too. (same dyno of course) That is supose to be the hot set up for about the best bottom end and still being able to rev out on the top end. It would be cool to see the extreem opposite of what this cylinder can do. If you ever build one of these keep us up to date.

josh

The serval cat is as cast dune port. Basically it is a very low port timing cub. If i remember Calvin told me that the exhaust was like 188*. It is identical to a cub on the outside just the port timings are low. Another thing that is great about it is if you decide later "hey i want to drag now" this little motor can do it and it can be ported just like a cub.

They should be going on sale very soon Calvin was waiting for me to get some preliminary testing done to make sure he was where he wanted to be and i think he is! The target price is lower than a cub but thats if he can get the price where he wants it.

Hey Andy, what is the difference between these and cubs? How do the porting maps compare?

Any word on pricing yet?

These cylinders have lower, less aggressive port timings than a cub, hence the more usable power in lower RPMs...but can breathe well enough to rev out and make good power.

I think stock carb to 33PWK with T5, CPI and probably Pro Circuit pipes would be a good test.

Andy, I'd bet someone with Pro Circuits would be happy to let you borrow a set if you compensated them for shipping and/or a set of serval cylinders when you're ready to sell them....