RZ motor, Anything useable for banshee

I have a complete rz 350 motor (frozen rod bearings), is anything besides shift forks useable to build a motor for banshee? Want to build a 4mil and possibly use the PV jugs for wider powerband. Any suggestions on what can be used? Have everything - complete motor w/electronics. or should I just fix crank and sell it to get cash to mod my motor?

I have a complete rz 350 motor (frozen rod bearings), is anything besides shift forks useable to build a motor for banshee? Want to build a 4mil and possibly use the PV jugs for wider powerband. Any suggestions on what can be used? Have everything - complete motor w/electronics. or should I just fix crank and sell it to get cash to mod my motor?

Most everything is the same with a few small exceptions. i actually have an RZ and Shee engine apart on my bench right now. I got the RZ bottom end from a friend and i am doing some mix and matching. I actually have the two transmissions laid out next to each other as I am using parts from both.

Cases are the same although SOME Banshee cases(I believe later Banshee? I saw pictures of the differances recently, but I can't remember where....) have a little more meat in front of the cylinder base gasket area. Not really a big differance unless you are building a serious motor or going big stroker and trenching the case. Other than that they are interchangeable. Some early RZ cases may not have the hole blocked off where they used a mechanical tach. The plug that is used in the Banshee cases will work.

Cylinders are obviously PV on the RZ. Exhaust fittment may be an issue as stated earlier.

Gearing is different. The biggest differance is that in the higher gears the spread between gears is less for the RZ. Final gearing (chain sprockets) on an RZ is geared towards a higher top speed than a Banshee. As speed goes up the effect of wind resistance becomes a huge factor. There needs to be less of a gap between gears to make up for the increased wind resistance otherwise the bike will not be able to stay in the powerband if the RPM's drop too much when you shift. First gear is also lower to get the bike moving easier with the taller final drive ratio.

With the RZ trans ratios (and normal Banshee sprockets) you would wind up running through 1st gear way too quick and then probably wind up looking for a 7th gear on the top end.

Here is a comparison of the gearing:

Banshee

Transmission type: 6 speeds, constant mesh

Clutch: manually operated, wet multiplate

Transmission primary ratio: 66/23, 2.869

Transmission 1st gear ratio: 32/13, 2.461

Transmission 2nd gear ratio: 29/16, 1.812

Transmission 3rd gear ratio: 27/18, 1.500

Transmission 4th gear ratio: 25/20, 1.250

Transmission 5th gear ratio: 23/22, 1.045

Transmission 6th gear ratio: 21/24, 0.875

Transmission final ratio: 42/13, 3.230

RZ350

Transmission type: 6 speeds, constant mesh

Clutch: manually operated, wet multiplate

Secondary reduction system: Chain

Secondary Reduction Ratio: 40/17 (2.352)

Transmission primary ratio: 66/23, 2.869

Transmission 1st gear ratio: 36/14, 2.571

Transmission 2nd gear ratio: 32/18, 1.778

Transmission 3rd gear ratio: 29/22,1.318

Transmission 4th gear ratio: 26/24, 1.083

Transmission 5th gear ratio: 25/26, 0.962

Transmission 6th gear ratio: 24/27, 0.888

• Like 1