Banshee ENGINE STANDS for sale.

I came up with something you guys might be interested in and I figured I would throw it out there.

I am in the process of rebuilding my motor and just finished painting the cases. I was looking forward to assembly, but not rolling the engine around on the workbench trying to get to all sides of the cases. I was also trying to figure out how to keep from scratching the new paint on the cases. This is what I came up with. I plan on making up some more later this week and figured $35 would cover time, materials, pay pal fees, and stuffing it in a USPS flat rate box to get it to you. I know there is not much to it, but it works awesome!! Bolt it to the two big holes where the dog bone stabilizers go and clamp it in your vice. It doesn't block any of the lower case bolts and lets you lay the engine over on it's side to work on the clutch or stator. If you guys are interested please send me an E-MAIL at BlacksmithCycles@earthlink.net Here's the pics:

YZFRZEngineStand003.jpg

YZFRZEngineStand007.jpg

YZFRZEngineStand006.jpg

YZFRZEngineStand008.jpg

YZFRZEngineStand009.jpg

• 1 month later...

I like it man. Looks beefier then the one i did.

That powder on the cases looks awesome also. :cheers:

Thanks for the compliments!!

BTW...the paint is actually rattle can paint from Harley Davidson. It's black texture paint. Kind of like a very fine grain texture. Almost like jet black sandpaper. It is expensive ($20 a can) but covers awesome and well worth the price. It covers at least as much as 2 regular spray cans and holds up excellent. If you do get some scratches you can touch it up without being able to see where the touch up is. It's NOT wrinkle paint. If you ever get the chance to look at a later model harley it is the same paint they use on engine cases. It also comes in a dark silver color they call Granite. I had a set of cases powder coated in a black tecture finish a while ago on one of my RD400's. I did the side covers in the spray can and the covers held up better than the powder. On this engine, I did my cases in the black and cylinders in the granite. Here's a pic:

Engine.jpg

Right on man, that looks awesome for rattle can paint you fooled me.

Damn i might just head over to the HD dealer and grab me a couple cans and do my cases since its outa the frame right now anyways.

Thanx :cheers:

Right on man, that looks awesome for rattle can paint you fooled me.

Damn i might just head over to the HD dealer and grab me a couple cans and do my cases since its outa the frame right now anyways.

Thanx :cheers:

Cool. I'll post up some more pics tomorrow. That one was from my phone and a little out of focus. If you really decide to use the paint let me know. I have a couple of pointers that will help you get the best results. I use this paint on all kinds of stuff.