Spark Plug Brand and Type?

The BR8ES has always been the spec plug for them as far as I know. Some speculate it is just because of rf interference, and some feel it will cause issues with the ignition systems if you run anything else.

The early banshee's specify a b8es plug. 87-2000 specify B8ES. BR8ES 2001-2006. I bet the 87-2000 banshee's just have the resistor in the spark plug wire boots / caps.

What do you mean by "side cap the ground strap"?

You take a Dremel and cut part of the ground strap off. It is like making your own fancy $8 spark plug.

I am not a member of this forum. It just came up when I did a search. It explains it pretty well.

http://www.sr20-forum.com/naturally-aspirated-all-motor/16898-how-side-gap-spark-plugs.html

I'm pretty sure jbooker82 is correct. My 99 calls for non-resisted B8ES...My buddies 2000 - a BR8ES.

I've been told the 99 and earlier models are pre-resisted ignitions and don't need a resisted plug, but can still run one. 2000 and later need to run a resisted plug to aviod rf interference and possible coil or CDI damage.

I'm not sure how accurate that info is, but I do know I have ran both B8ES and BR8ES in my banshee with no problems.

BR8ES for me.... but the cap on the spark plug on the left side always comes loose and rides to the top it pisses me off... can i lock tight that in place.... its reallllyyyy annoying when i check the plug....

:cheers:

You can get NGK plug caps, that attach to the threads of the top of the plug. I love mine.

I run BP8ES plugs by the way. That's what Kevin told me to run in my cub.

BR8ES for me.... but the cap on the spark plug on the left side always comes loose and rides to the top it pisses me off... can i lock tight that in place.... its reallllyyyy annoying when i check the plug....

:cheers:

NGK 3961 is a solid top BR8ES plug with no threaded top.