(WARNING) RM STATOR CDI BOX

Im just posting this to let all members up here know to be aware of RM STATOR parts, if you have not been F---KED already like they did me. I brought a stator from them that was suppose to been new. When I recieve the stator, it looked refurbished. So I installed it anyway & it didnt work. I had to send it back & get it exchanged for a so called new one that worked. I got that one back & it appears to be refurbished also, but I wanted to ride bad so I install it anyway. I called the company back & spoke with there tech. name (MIKE). My stock CDI box failed, so I wanted a CDI box better than stock & he recommended I get there CDI box with adjustable timing curves + extra 1000 rpm's on it. I paid $99 for the CDI box & it makes your banshee runs like S--T. I could only give it 1/4 throttle & it revs out. It starts to break up badly like your carbs are all jacked up......It cost me alot of money trying to figure out the problem because of this 50cc imatation CDI box timing curve with extra lower rpms LOL........Its perfect to install on your banshee if your 8yr old wants to ride it......LOL......Please be cautious when dealing with RM STATOR>>>PLEASE.

a banshee like most 2 strokes dont have a rev limiter. you can spin it until it wont rev any higher or blows up. so telling you that you are getting another 1000rpm is pretty much false advertising i would think. if you want more top end take a look at your current choice of pipes.

RM stator sucks, i use to have a raptor (which i traded for my banshee) and i bought a starter solenoid from them and it went bad in 2 days and caused a major electrical short in my electrical system and melted wires, I tried contacting them 3 times and they just ignored me, i bought another solenoid from another company and it orked perfect. Along with all the wires i had to replace..

Ricky Stator and RM stator are NOT the same place or product. RM split from RS and started there own deal in Canada I believe. I was just talking with RS about them a few weeks back because I was curious my self. They used to sell RS stuff under the RM name. Then they thought they could make there own stuff. What they have now. So there not the same and the RM stuff in mu opinion is crap. I still use RS and as of yet have had no issues.

This isnt a word for word repeat of my conversation, Nor is it exact. Just the basics of what I was told by RS. Take it and twist it up however you want.

2 things- the stock banshee does have a rev limiter, and that's how it will act if your p-brake wire is activated. not saying rm is good, just pointing some things out..

At what rpm does it limit? I've seen them rev out the 11,000+ rpms on the dyno. I call bs on the rev limiter (unless your talking specifically about the parking brake limiter.)

252 - did you run resistor plugs with that CDI (BR8..)? I know with the Dyna FS you have to run resistors or it will do exactly as you describe.

Ricky Stator and RM stator are NOT the same place or product. RM split from RS and started there own deal in Canada I believe. I was just talking with RS about them a few weeks back because I was curious my self. They used to sell RS stuff under the RM name. Then they thought they could make there own stuff. What they have now. So there not the same and the RM stuff in mu opinion is crap. I still use RS and as of yet have had no issues.

This isnt a word for word repeat of my conversation, Nor is it exact. Just the basics of what I was told by RS. Take it and twist it up however you want.

I think RS and RM are both pieces of SHIT. I had lots of stator trouble last summer. I got all good stock electrical parts anfd have zero trouble. Hell. I even broke one of there flywheels in half. It was 2 months old. I called RM ( that must stand for rottin motherfuckers ) and they said they never herd of that before, and basicly told me tough shit. Fuck RMstator. and screw Ricky stator. Both crap.

All RM did was quit buying their junk from RS and started buying it from the same place RS does. They cut out the middle man.

Pabanshhematt how did your flywheel break. My junk RS flywheel had a the rivits loosen up and one sheared off. The sheared rivit head stuck to the flywheel and took out the pickup coil. So I didn't totally get to destroy the flywheel.

I took their cast timing plate off and threw it in the trash. They can keep there junk.

All RM did was quit buying their junk from RS and started buying it from the same place RS does. They cut out the middle man.

Pabanshhematt how did your flywheel break. My junk RS flywheel had a the rivits loosen up and one sheared off. The sheared rivit head stuck to the flywheel and took out the pickup coil. So I didn't totally get to destroy the flywheel.

I took their cast timing plate off and threw it in the trash. They can keep there junk.

It sheared right off. The rivots never had a chance to loosen up. lol. Junk. And there customer service is as shitty as the parts they sell.

well, i was alway told that some of them do have a 10k limiter, probably newer ones (square plug), just like they changed how the pbrake limiter works over the years. i never took mine to 10k on my stock ignition, so idk for sure if mine did it.

At what rpm does it limit? I've seen them rev out the 11,000+ rpms on the dyno. I call bs on the rev limiter (unless your talking specifically about the parking brake limiter.)

252 - did you run resistor plugs with that CDI (BR8..)? I know with the Dyna FS you have to run resistors or it will do exactly as you describe.

I always run NGK-R plugs(BR8ES).......I also tried the regular NGK plugs(B8ES) & the same thing. I posted a couple of times up here for help thinking it was my jetting. & the hole damn time it was a P.O.S CDI box from RM Stator. They can't get me to even look near there web page ever again!

well, i was alway told that some of them do have a 10k limiter, probably newer ones (square plug), just like they changed how the pbrake limiter works over the years. i never took mine to 10k on my stock ignition, so idk for sure if mine did it.

AKheathen.....You say the newer models (square plugs) have a guessimate of 10k rpms on the stock CDI box......How much do the 95-96 model stock CDI box have? Just wondering cause I just ordered one after being f--ked by RM Stator....LOL.....

U know any body that need a CDI box to install on there banshee so there KIDS can ride it? Its safe, the RM Stator CDI box is perfect for kids, wont let them go too fast.....& make them feel like there doing sumthing big.....LOL