Banshee Digital Toolkit

BDT v1.0

I put together a little spreadsheet (requires Excel 2007 or higher) to help Banshee owners perform many of the frequently asked calculations and tasks. Hopefully someone will find it useful, this is version 1 and any suggestions are welcome. Of course this is provided "as is" and without warranty or guarantee of suitability.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/JGdLyFR1/Banshee_Digital_Toolkit.html

I've corrected a typo, corrected the color of the 87, and added a carb sync how to.

The Banshee Digital Toolkit

1. How to Jet a Banshee

2. Banshee Jetting Calculator

3. Quick Specs

4. Needle Jet Specs

5. How to Sync Carbs

6. Color Options by Year

7. VIN Decoder

8. Speed Calculator

9. Horsepower Calculator

10. Pre-Mix Ratio Calculator

11. Chain Length Calculator

12. Displacement Calculator

13. Mikuni Troubleshooting

14. Wiring Schematic

15. Banshee Jetting FAQ

16. Carburetor Theory 101

Edited by SAVAGE420
Newer link posted/added.
  • Like 6

Hey CarvedArt! Thanks for sharing, you put a LOT of time into this and there's lots of great info in one place. The Chain Link, displacement and speed calculators are really slick to do "what if"s. And there's lots more :cheers::cheers:

Thanks again for Sharing!

http www 4shared com/file/T0FP7GXj/BansheeDigitalToolkit_v1.html

Edited by muggzy

Without a doubt sticky.

The only thing I found off at first glance is the color schemes...LOL.

87 had a red seat (and J arms) 96 had the black seat.

I know...I"m a prick...LOL.

Seriously, that took a TON of time I'm sure. I could do about 1/1000 of that in Excel, I'm terrible in it!

I would like to have the actual file stickied and not have to go to the download site. You could get in trouble on that site if you clicked around.

Without a doubt sticky.

The only thing I found off at first glance is the color schemes...LOL.

87 had a red seat (and J arms) 96 had the black seat.

I know...I"m a prick...LOL.

Seriously, that took a TON of time I'm sure. I could do about 1/1000 of that in Excel, I'm terrible in it!

I would like to have the actual file stickied and not have to go to the download site. You could get in trouble on that site if you clicked around.

I got the schemes straight from Yamaha's site and you're right I do remember my 87 having a red seat, actually sightly orangy-pink. I also found a typo in the index (troubleshooting) that I've since corrected. The other part that still needs work is the VIN decoder, it will decode the VINs but the VDS section is populated with 'educated guessing' it will definitely give you the right year and whether or not it gets a CA green sticker. Additionally, the sheets are locked with a blank password if anyone's interested in making their own changes. As for the file itself, I would be more than happy to upload the file directly except the site (BHQ) would not allow the file size. If someone knows how to get it uploaded directly I'm all ears.

Also, thanks to everyone who's found this useful, and if there's anything wrong, needs to be changed, or should be added, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

They took the 96 and put is at 87 colors.

If you look closely at the 96 and 87, it's the same bike and it has upper A Arm.

We all know the 87 had J Arms.

That being said...please, I'm a nit pick sometimes, don't take any offense to that.

I think you did a phenomenal job to be commended.

There's got to be a way to upload that to the site, FTP server, etc....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...