Shift shaft mod

sheeban

Hey guys in the process of putting in a modded shift star and want to do the shift shaft mod. I tried to search but found no pics can any one give any advice of how to mod. I have access to a machine shop so the right tool is no problem just have never seen how to do it. Any help would be awesome THANKS you Shee freaks LOL

What are u wanting to mod the shaft for? Just modn the star made mine shift like a hot knife cutn butter. Just watch out when u put the clutch pasket net. If u over tq it. It will bend the washer on to the basket causing it to catch while u pull the clutch in. IE the hard to find 'N' while the bike is running

Here is the one i did for my trail/play bike.

bansheetrans.jpg

Shift star i modded. One on the left i did before this pic, one on the right i did right after this pic.

FUCK.jpg

Shift pro arm with roller bearing and easy spring (lighter tension).

Bansheetrans1.jpg

With all of this it shifts fuckin wicked. Never miss a shift ever, can find neutral every single time while the motor is running or not. Never pops outa gear.

Some people don't like them all together, some people do. Im a believer, had them all for a few years now and haven't ever looked back.

Good luck Rockon.gif

so on the star did you grind all to the same height ? what was the approx height?on the shaft u just take a lil material out on that one side? worth doing huh?thanks again

Grind them down exactly the same as you see in my pics except for the neutral and between 6th and 1st gear, don't touch those. Yes do what i did to the shaft in my pic. giterdone.jpg

Thanks savage thats what i wanted to see im give her a try. Maybe now my cub wont be such a pain to shift with the power on hard.

No problem. Shits easy as all hell. pimp888.gif

I would just like to say that even if you do every damn shift mod in the world, if your eccentric screw is NOT adjusted properly it will shift like dog shit no matter what you do. Some people don't realize that claws on the shift shaft need to be set with the Perfect amount of gap on both sides where it grabs the star posts. Makes a world if diff even if its one mm out.

So just saying, set it up right peeps. 2ar15smilie1.gif

I would just like to say that even if you do every damn shift mod in the world, if your eccentric screw is NOT adjusted properly it will shift like dog shit no matter what you do. Some people don't realize that claws on the shift shaft need to be set with the Perfect amount of gap on both sides where it grabs the star posts. Makes a world if diff even if its one mm out.

So just saying, set it up right peeps. 2ar15smilie1.gif

what doe's this mod do? I dont know much about it but sounds good thanks.

We modify "Both" sides of the shift shaft and also change the angle on the end of it for no charge when you buy a new shift shaft. That combined with our easy spring will make the Banshee shift like butter! If you have a low hour newer bike like 04-06 than prolly should just do the modded star. Older bikes or with more hours on them should consider the shift shaft mod..

We modify "Both" sides of the shift shaft and also change the angle on the end of it for no charge when you buy a new shift shaft. That combined with our easy spring will make the Banshee shift like butter! If you have a low hour newer bike like 04-06 than prolly should just do the modded star. Older bikes or with more hours on them should consider the shift shaft mod..

I bought my modded star and shaft from Jeff at F.A.S.T I just started the bike up yesterday and took it for a couple runs and let me tell you its night and day difference from before. literally shifts like butter neutral goes in so easy now. Awesome mods i recommend to anyone.

I bought my modded star and shaft from Jeff at F.A.S.T I just started the bike up yesterday and took it for a couple runs and let me tell you its night and day difference from before. literally shifts like butter neutral goes in so easy now. Awesome mods i recommend to anyone.