Im looking for aggressive sound

bootlife

Iv got FMF fatty Gold, And a set of gutted FMF power core 2 silencers. I gutted them cause they were to quiet. They sound pretty good, But I want to be noticed. Who makes the best sounding exhaust? or whats the best combo to go with? Iv been looking at trinity racings exhaust, but iv never herd it.

Arent those trinity pipes on your bike in the sig :whoa:

I dont think basing your exhaust choice on sound is the best way to go

Something that suites your riding conditions and other mods is gonna make you happier in the long run

just my .02cents though

Edited by wacko2000

Why would you want to give all the tree huggers and people with way to much money who are building house on our dunes more reason to complain. Also you obviously have never been sound checked. Here in Oregon its $264 and they can take your bike if you act like a jackass when there writing you up. Its not going to make you any faster or give you more HP. It will just add to the already ridiculously long list of stuff us duners are always defending ourselves over. Just think about it dude. I love the loud pipes save lives saying too, but I also love whats left of our dunes and other riding areas. :shrugani:

Nice lookin bike by the way. :headbang:

It's best to find a pipe that performs in the manner that suits your type of riding. I love the sounds of the toomeys t-5 and the DMC 916. I really try to keep my silencers the way i got them. I did cut my FMF powercore silencers, not to increase the sound but to make it look better. It sounds kind of the same. OOF will be your best bet. Im looking to buy the toomey t5 soon because it's a signature sounds for a shee in my opinion. good luck!

It's best to find a pipe that performs in the manner that suits your type of riding. I love the sounds of the toomeys t-5 and the DMC 916. I really try to keep my silencers the way i got them. I did cut my FMF powercore silencers, not to increase the sound but to make it look better. It sounds kind of the same. OOF will be your best bet. Im looking to buy the toomey t5 soon because it's a signature sounds for a shee in my opinion. good luck!

Thanks for your comments guys. First id like to say the pic is the pipes i was looking at. It is off the trinity web site. Next I gutted my FMFs and the sound better, and i feel like a 25% increese in power. Evan the guys i ride wit say they can feel it. I live in louisiana, we dont have any sound control on off road bikes. I ride mine on trails, race, and plan on dunns this spring. Im not looking for a power adder, its fast and good for me and what i do. Im just looking to make it sound the best it can. Im going to look in to the toomy and thank you for your info.

well, if that is really the case, then i would have to say you are at least 1-2 sizes or clips rich on the jetting. gutting the silencers does call for a bit more fuel, and you will lose power mostly in the low-mid. adversely, running rich will also dull the tone out. do as i suggested about the packing, mabey look at the shortening thread, clean your air filter, and get the jetting right.

I would like to know how you gain power by causing turbulance in the exhaust system. The reason for packing is to keep the exhaust gasses flowing straight out of the silencer.

A lot of people think LOUDER is FASTER, that isnt the case.

Just pull your pipes clear off and let the exhaust blow directly out of the cylinders. That has to be the loudest and most powerfull.