So many different motors so little time!

wizeass2005

Ok so I am kinda new to this, but I have been looking around and everyone is throwing out these names of motors and I have no idea what they mean. So can someone please explain to the dummy what they are. What is a cub, super cub, DM, DMX, t-rex, rotax, and twister? and what is the best for hill shooting and a little bit of duning?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually dont take much time to explain.. I bet it took more time cutting and pasting that link then just helping the guy out.

Cub, super cub, cheetah , Cheetah DM and the cheetah DMX are all aftermarket cylinders made by CP industries. These cylinders range in bore from 66mm to 84mm's. These cylinders are pretty much focused at the drag industry. CP cylinders are pretty much the most popular of all the aftermarket cylinders.

The Twister cylinders are made from Billet as apposed to the casted CP cylinders.. again they have a wide range in bore sizes. You got the small block, big block and the sniper cylinders.

The T-rex cylinder is one of the original aftermarket cylinders. It used powervalves. Kind of outdated. I'm not very familar with these setups. Someone might have more info on them.

The rotax engines are cylinders pulled off a snowmobile and the cases are modified to accept them.. Also called a "cranker" or "crankenstien"..

Thank you for clearing that up for me. are the cub's a power valve cylinder?

And to AKheathen thanks for being a dick! I did a do a google searchand it didn't bring up any usefull information asshole!

Cubs dont have powervalves.. The Cheetahs do. A 421 Cheetah is available.

I thought it was kinda a dick move myself...

wow two post and your calling people dicks, fuck you asshole, he was helping you! Google it or search it you bitch!

Cody

It is kinda rude that the guys first post with a legitimate question gets told to google it and search. He asked for help and I'm sure there is some people here that are more then happy to help him out. Its not like he asked about a boost bottle.

By the way.. I looked through that link and there was absolutely nothing in there that pertained to his question....