RM stator

T_Shee

i bought a new stator and adjustable timing plate from them about a month ago. put it on and the motor tried to start for a split second every time i kicked it but wouldnt fire. double checked everything, then pulled it off and put my stocker back on and it fired up first kick. so i called them and they gave me a reference # to send it back. now two weeks after i sent it they say they have no record of receiving the package and will call me as soon as they get it. im thinking if they havent received it by now they probably never will. so i call the post office and they cant track it because i didnt ask for a tracking #. not to mention i have called rm 3 times and every time they say they will find out and call me back but they never do. the guy i talked to today just kinda blem me off and didnt offer any ideas on why they hadnt got it. is there really no way of tracking it?

If you sent it via the USPS without a tracking or delivery confirmation number, yep...here's the creek...here's you with a paddle.

RM stator is using the same parts/source as Ricky Stator.

China.

Their merchandise is junk, just as Ricky Stator's products now are.

In their heyday, when people actually cared and took pride in this stuff...you couldn't beat his prices or quality.

Now, they're not worth the box they came in.

After two RS stators went bad on my drag bike (yeah, drag bike, no trails, no mud, no bouncing around or jumping it), I threw the second bad one in the trash and went back to OEM. No issues since.

Since Chariot makes a nice billet timing plate for 15 bucks more than a cast Ricky Stator timing plate, I'd have no reason to buy anything from RS ever again.

If you sent it via the USPS without a tracking or delivery confirmation number, yep...here's the creek...here's you with a paddle.

RM stator is using the same parts/source as Ricky Stator.

China.

Their merchandise is junk, just as Ricky Stator's products now are.

In their heyday, when people actually cared and took pride in this stuff...you couldn't beat his prices or quality.

Now, they're not worth the box they came in.

After two RS stators went bad on my drag bike (yeah, drag bike, no trails, no mud, no bouncing around or jumping it), I threw the second bad one in the trash and went back to OEM. No issues since.

Since Chariot makes a nice billet timing plate for 15 bucks more than a cast Ricky Stator timing plate, I'd have no reason to buy anything from RS ever again.

I would love to share my opinion of RM but will refrain...

I will agree that Chariot's plate seems a much better value than the casted ones. They are easy to strip and screw up...

ya im absolutely up a creek with no paddle. i figure the chances of usps losing a package are like 1000 times less than the chance of rm losing my package once it got delivered. they prolly just put the pos back on the shelf and sold it to someone else. they will be getting harrassed by me for a couple weeks anyway so we will see what happens in the end. im guessing i will continue to be screwed but who knows

This is the shittiest thing ever!!! I was in the same boat as you needing a stator, and after reading all the reviews on both companies i was forced to buy a stock stator from another member on here. Its a shame that no one makes a quality stator for banshees at an affordable price. I really wish i knew how to rewind these things cause someone could make a killin on here.

Why did you buy the RM stuff, we bad mouth them on here also? So if you searched or asked, then we would have told you to stay away from them. They are in Canada too, so shipping international turns me away from companies too.

PS, you can track the customs form id # through usps.

The only problem i had with an older RS stator was the ground from the winding broke off.Since it was still there it would run but would cut out....The anchor for the winding was cheap and poorly soldered.

I took a soldering iron and repaired it right on the quad...

The picture shows the suspect ground for the winding...even if it looks like its anchored down,make sure it is..mine looked like it was connected until i touched it with my finger and the wire showed a gap.

mlib7m.jpg

Why did you buy the RM stuff, we bad mouth them on here also? So if you searched or asked, then we would have told you to stay away from them. They are in Canada too, so shipping international turns me away from companies too.

honestly ive never seen bad reviews on here about RM. guess i wasnt looking hard enough lol. ive saw tons of bad reviews about rs but didnt realize they were the same junk. shouldve known better

anyway, i called them yesterday and said the post office tracked my package for me and they told me it was delivered. so the lady looked into it and actually called me back and said she found my package. so once i bs'd them about the post office they magically found it. well i guess i will just see what happens. its got a one year warranty so i will try to get my money back next time i have problems. thanks for the info guys

Amazing how they magically found it...

Get your money back now. Both my RS stators failed just short of the year mark. Luckily, the second time I had a spare OEM stator (thanks to NYUK) on a timing plate...so I just swapped it at the track.

Get your refund while they still have it instead of being stranded and broke down later.

ya i hear ya. im gonna give them a call monday and see what i can do. what is it about the banshee stator that companies have so much trouble with? surely these companies cant have this much trouble with all there different makes of stator or how would they still be in business?