heads up everybody

AKheathen

for everyone in the nothern hemisphere, you all should take note on the temperature dropsand richen your main jetting accordingly. about 1 size already from a month or 2 ago, and 2 in some cases. keep going up in size as it gets colder. not doing so, will lead to not only performance and driveability/starting issues, but could potentially cause harm to your engine. just a heads up/ reminder for all....

have an ice day :dance::bolt:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No kidding. Thats what ive been trying to tell people. But some just wont listen and what not. :shrugani:

Oh well, it's not my motor running like shit then melting down :lol:

i just hope people will read and take this into consideration before posting 100 "running funny" or "why did my piston melt" threads.

rule of thumb is up 1 size main for every drop of about 25 degrees fahrenheit, but it's about 15 degrees per, once you hit the 35-5 temp range, due to the dramatic humidity differences

i just hope people will read and take this into consideration before posting 100 "running funny" or "why did my piston melt" threads.

rule of thumb is up 1 size main for every drop of about 25 degrees fahrenheit, but it's about 15 degrees per, once you hit the 35-5 temp range, due to the dramatic humidity differences

Awsome :headbang: I was just getting on here to search for this info :cheers:

Thanks man :D

usually just an adjustment on the airscrews, if any, untill you get a bit below freezing. i belive it was around 0 that the pilot was jumping a bit. i.e.....27.5 down to 10-20, then 30 down to -5 to -10, but can vary a little with different fuels. you can tell by the airscrew adjustments where the pilots need to be.

• 3 weeks later...