shifter shaft mod

jbones

Here is the one i did lil while back.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6913/shiftshaftmod004.jpg

Also run a modded star and the shift pro shift kit with the roller arm and easy spring. Shit shifts better then my buddys 450 honda now, and i never miss a shift any more + find neutral every time while the motor is running.

Real good mods and simple to do and install them all.

Highly recommended.

Just make sure you re adjust your shift shaft position with the eccentric screw properly before you throw the clutch basket back on, or it will shift like doggy poo poo. :)

Simple to do, and i wrote how to adjust it a few times also on here...just look for it in a few threads up or down if you don't know how. Or its in the clymers also.

Edited by savage420

Hey savage can you post links of all that stuff you did to your tranny, like the shift pro kit, and did you mod your own shift star. Did you get that stuff from cascade? Also the shift arm, mines a little wobbly is that normal? All you do is grind that litte bit? Is that all that fast does with there modded shift shafts?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks

Cody

Hey savage can you post links of all that stuff you did to your tranny, like the shift pro kit, and did you mod your own shift star. Did you get that stuff from cascade? Also the shift arm, mines a little wobbly is that normal? All you do is grind that litte bit? Is that all that fast does with there modded shift shafts?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks

Cody

There on here some place... just hard to navigate where my stuff is now with the forum change.

I will try and look.

Thanks bud id really appreciate it, the only place i seen the shift pro was from cascade. Id like to get everything from one place if i could.

Yeah you can get the star and shift pro kit from cascade. Then just mod your on shaft if you fell the need. :headbang:

using the ecentric screw i cant get my gaps quite perfect because the claw is a little worn tips up and down.

All you have is the shift pro, cascade shift star, and you modded your shift shaft by grinding that little bit?

Is this what jeff at fast does to the shift shafts? The easy spring comes in the shift pro kit right?

Sorry for all the questions and the repeats, just trying to sort all this out.

Thanks again savage!!!!!

Edited by papa_smurf49319

just a quick note, you can get the shift pro cheaper on ebay and problably a modded star as well if you feel like sitting down long enough to find it. I believe they are even on ebay direct (cascade).

Plus jeff mods the upper and lower area on the shaft. same amount as what savage posted just both sides.

Done all that, but if I had to do over again, I would leave one or the other off. Shifts too easy, actually I would leave the easy spring off, with the modified shift star, it takes no effort to roll over the lobes. Jeff at fast told me it wasn't necassary to run both, but I did and regret it now. No big deal, just when I get back in there for what ever reason I'll put the regular spring back on. Your call! not expensive or hard to do.