Ricky Stator Junk

black sunshine

I had one on my banshee that ran fune it seemed but with a new 4 mill cub motor and tuning it in on the dyno I wasnt getting the peak hp that Nate Mccoy said I should. I had a nice flat torque curve from 8K to 10K but it should have made 15 or 20 more hp than it did. Sent the motor to nate and in 5 mins he told me my stator was bad. Got an old stocker and he put it on and tuned it for me, now it screams, totally different bike but was only a junk 200W Ricky Stator. It jetted right and had good plug color but didnt pull up top from 9K to 10K. Made about the same hp at 8500 as 10K.

I'm sorry your just now finding this out. RS is fucking junk. There timing plates break and screw up pickups etc. Stay far far away from them if you can.

I just received a timing plate from Jeff in the mail today, and it is a RS. Now you have me worried, although I dont think he would sell them if they were that bad.

well, before you guys go and start talking all this shit, maybe you should consider that ricky stator fucking sucks. Oh plus they fucking suck, so consider fucking suck!!!!

for a second there, you thought I was going to stick up for them huh,..... oh, fucking suck!!!

Here is some emails I had with them. The emails are in reverse order.

Dear Jeff

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinions and concerns regarding these issues. We are sorry to hear you have experienced nothing but problems with out Banshee products.

We have made several improvements to our Banshee stators over the last year. Many of the problems you had mentioned have now been corrected and are no longer a concern. As for the flywheel, we are aware that there is a small percentage of failures that have occurred with the rivets. As you know we strive for excellent customers service and our reputation is priceless to us. So if you aware of people on your forum that have had issues with Ricky Stator and we have not resolved them please encourage them to contact us.

Thanks

Mike

ps

The passing of Ricky has not changed the way in which we conduct business. We continue to honor him with excellent service and products as he provided for so many years.

----- Original Message -----

To: Ricky Stator

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:53 AM

Subject: Re: I have stood by too long

Mike,

I don't run your products anymore. What I am saying is "I wish I could". Your products have proved to an inconvenience, because they break, or don't work properly. Nothing better than being at the dunes and the rivets on the flywheel come loose. Or putting a stator on, and they bike wont rev all the way to max rpm. I am giving you a heads up, your name is being ran through the mud. If I was you guys, I think I would probably look at going back to the manufacturing process you were using before Ricky passed away. I am not buying anymore of your stators or flywheels, and we are getting rid of all the stuff on our bikes that we currently have installed from you. Except for the advance timing plates. Your catching a bad rap in at least the banshee world, and in this current economy I would think you would want to be providing an awesome product that has little to no defect turn around. This stuff is really low grade and cheap. About 11 months ago I had one of your flywheels lightened on a cnc for one of my customers, the motor guy said there was almost no carbon content to the steel when he turned it. You guys used to be the biggest name in ORV electrical, now your really starting to get a bad rap. I wish I could buy your parts, but until you guys change things, I can buy them or recommend them to anyone. I actually run a stock stator converted to dc with a battery now. I want you guys to make awesome parts, people will pay more for a good part. It doesn't have to be about being made cheap, and selling them cheap. We still have some older stators on a few of the bikes, and they have been working great for about 8 years now. I think we have two banshees left out of fourteen thats got to have a stock stator, and flywheel put on it.

The common problems are: Loose flywheel rivets, Vibration from the flywheel not being balanced, high rpm miss or cutout from the stators, and for a while there was a lot of issues with screws backing out of the pickup and stator then wiping out everything under the cover. Also, the pickup contacts are always uneven, and covered partially with plastic on the contacts. They usually have to be at least scraped with a razor knife. Its very hard to set a pickup at .020" clearance when its countersunk into the plastic its mounted to. The timing plates also need to be more of a precision fit around the tabs on the case so the stator sits exactly centered. Carbon content in the flywheel steel needs to be higher as well (higher grade steel). The flywheels rust like you would not believe. People need to be told that its a must to upgrade the regulator with the stator, or its going to fry their harness. Even then something needs to be figured out, because when the lights are off, there is 200w being shunted to ground, and that can fry the harness anyway. When I used to run one of your stators with my battery, I hooked up a relay that killed the charge current unless the lights were on, so the voltage wasn't being fully shunted to ground through the regulator/rectifier. I have seen a lot of fried ricky stator wiring harness issues.

Jeff Snope

Snopczynski Racing

To: Jeff Snope

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:15 AM

Subject: Re: I have stood by too long

What would you like us to do for you? I would offer to refund the money for the purchase of the products but I can not find anything but warranties for you.

Mike

To: info@rickystator.com

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:56 AM

Subject: I have stood by too long

Your guys stators and flywheels have gone down hill in the last 3 years. The quality has been absolutely terrible. Your getting a bad rap for it everywhere, and I dont know how you guys stay in business. In the last three years I have had 3 Ricky Stators on my banshee, and two different RS flywheels. Finally I put a stock one back on, and ran a stock flywheel. You guys need to do something about this, or your gonna really start pissing people off. Here are a couple threads about you on the biggest banshee forum in the world. I wish I could run your parts and not have problems like I did 10 years ago, but your parts are just chinese crap now.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117005

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...hl=ricky+stator

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...hl=ricky+stator

I guess i should package up the 2 pieces of shit i have laying on my work bench and send them back. I just gave up. I called them becasause the first flywheel i got from them had the 2 lugs machined incorrectly. They were not 180 degrees apart. One was about 5 degrees off. Even after i sent it back, the guy said he couldn't see anything wrong. Idiot