help me with clutch adjustment

I just put a new OEM yamaha clutch cable on, and i cannot get it adjusted right. to get the correct amount of slack at the perch, i have to have the adjuster screwed like all the way out, so it is falling out of the perch. the clutch case mark and the arrow on the perch line up, what am i doing wrong? the first picture is when the clutch is released, the 2nd is when i push the thing on top of the case to where it stops.

PICT0064.jpg

PICT0063.jpg

PICT0065.jpg

well it appears the problem is the piece of shit ez pull clutch perch and lever. fucking piece of garbage stretches out, and then you cant take the slack out of the cable. i have only had problems with these stupid cheap ass clutch perches. im ordering a set of asv levers, i have them on my 06 and have none of these problems. ez pull perches are junk, the metal is soo soft and flimsy.

Its been a few seasons since I did that adjustment but if I remember correctly you start with the cable screwed all the way into the perch and adjust the inside from there. Your old cable probably stretched quite a bit knocking that adjustment outta whack.