Is it worth going aftermarket on a stator?

hey, im looking to buy an adj timing plate.. i found an okay deal that comes with an aftermarket stator + the timing plate.. the brand is ricky.. or RM .. ricky something not sure..

is it worth getting it? or should i just forget the new stator, ? i could get them both for about 70-80$ or i can just get the timing plate for $35.. what should i do?

yeah, im choosing between 2 kits, one is just a stock replacement, the other is a 100W, lets say i choose to go with the 100watt, there is nothing tricky, just easly replace the old stator and good to go, and whats the advantage of having a higher voltage stator? how is it better, sorry if its a dumb question...

yeah, im choosing between 2 kits, one is just a stock replacement, the other is a 100W, lets say i choose to go with the 100watt, there is nothing tricky, just easly replace the old stator and good to go, and whats the advantage of having a higher voltage stator? how is it better, sorry if its a dumb question...

Stock is 100 watt output.

whats the advantage of having a higher voltage stator? how is it better, sorry if its a dumb question...

you'll want a 200w stator if your going higher voltage. benefit is more wattage for lighting or electronics....

and snop, maybe I'm mistaken but I thought it was 75 watt, I'm sure I'm wrong tho, it's been awhile. On my old bike, I ran a 200w stator and used 2 Hella off road lights with 75w bulbs in each and it was pretty damned bright.

I've had two of his stock Watt stators die in less than a year. The second was a warranty...

I really wish someone would come up with an alternative to RS for stators.

They used to be a top notch company, now it's just China Junk.

I thought stock was 85W, but I could be wrong as well....

I bought a RS about 4 or 5 years ago because my stock one went out..

And I wanted to add some lazer lights on my handle bars..

I've never had any problems with mine but everyone else I've talked to has..

I think I paid like almost 200 for mine

I bought a RS about 4 or 5 years ago because my stock one went out..

And I wanted to add some lazer lights on my handle bars..

I've never had any problems with mine but everyone else I've talked to has..

I think I paid like almost 200 for mine

Stock stator wattage

hey, im looking to buy an adj timing plate.. i found an okay deal that comes with an aftermarket stator + the timing plate.. the brand is ricky.. or RM .. ricky something not sure..

is it worth getting it? or should i just forget the new stator, ? i could get them both for about 70-80$ or i can just get the timing plate for $35.. what should i do?

i bought the ricky stator setup for my bros bike, works great