RM Stator

someone82

I decided to give their plate a try seeing it was only $25 off of e-bay plus shipping. First I thought it was going to take a while to ship from Canada to so cal, but it only took less then a week so I was impressed.

The product it self isn't a bad piece, the timing marks are nice and clear and easy to read and the all the screw holes line up perfectly.

The bad; powder coating is thick and rough, I had to grind a bit off to make it fit inside the tabs of the case. Second some of the mill work is rough, one of the slots for the mounting screws looks like it was ground out by hand, but everything is with in alignment and I can rotate the plate just fine.

Does it work, i couldn't tell ya, my motor is still on the bench waiting for my cylinders to get bored, :geek: so I'll post some pictures up tomorrow.

Otherwise I'm happy with the product and I wouldn't tell people not to get. :cool:

Clicky Here for their website link

I decided to give their plate a try seeing it was only $25 off of e-bay plus shipping. First I thought it was going to take a while to ship from Canada to so cal, but it only took less then a week so I was impressed.

The product it self isn't a bad piece, the timing marks are nice and clear and easy to read and the all the screw holes line up perfectly.

The bad; powder coating is thick and rough, I had to grind a bit off to make it fit inside the tabs of the case. Second some of the mill work is rough, one of the slots for the mounting screws looks like it was ground out by hand, but everything is with in alignment and I can rotate the plate just fine.

Does it work, i couldn't tell ya, my motor is still on the bench waiting for my cylinders to get bored, :geek: so I'll post some pictures up tomorrow.

Otherwise I'm happy with the product and I wouldn't tell people not to get. :cool:

Clicky Here for their website link

I got one of there stators, adjustible plate, and a coil. All have been on my bike since the summer with no problems. I know thats not a long time but, so far so good.

I'd be kind of nervous about buying from them since they couldnt even proof read their website to find they spelled "Which" wrong. Im no grammar expert or one to enforce it but if their website has spelling mistakes whats that say about their work quality.

We repair your stator the same day, offer a warranty and the best service in the business! We have 12 years experience repairing these! We included the two most common models but please inquire if you do not find exactly what you are looking for. We repair all makes, all years, all models. PRICE MAY VARRY, DEPENDS WITCH MODELS

http://www.rmstator.com/en/index.php/ATV/Y...tor_repair/1294

Here are some photos:

Stator and Plate

IMG_3556.jpg

Rough slot

IMG_3552.jpg

Removal of powdercoat

IMG_3554.jpg

Timing Marks

IMG_3553.jpg

Now here is a question for everybody; has anyone ever tested the accuracy of all these adjustable timing plates on the market? After I get the motor together and running I will put my timing light to the motor and see what i get.

Stock timing is suppose to be 17* base timing if i recall off of the top of my head right? :shrug:

Matt

No offense to you...at all, please don't take it that way.

But why on earth would you powder coat an item that will NEVER be seen, which will NOT rust, is beyond me...

I've seen dozens of Ricky Stator timing plates, I have one...and have never seen it powder coated.

I believe you...but I'm in disbelief, if that makes sense...

First thing I'd do is clean up/file down the contact edges where it pushes/mates against the cases, and file/clean up the notches where the screws go for easier adjustment.

That one on the front looks like Stevie Wonder went at it with a dremel. Not that it won't work...but it might be a little tough to slide.

Edited by dajogejr

IF that part leaves you stranded in the woods....you'll think otherwise about the deal.

I had two RS go out on me within 2 years. The first I got warrantied (luckily, within a month of the warranty being expired) the second one...I threw in the trash at the track and put a rusty, beat up old looking OEM and it's been running like a top since.

IF that part leaves you stranded in the woods....you'll think otherwise about the deal.

I had two RS go out on me within 2 years. The first I got warrantied (luckily, within a month of the warranty being expired) the second one...I threw in the trash at the track and put a rusty, beat up old looking OEM and it's been running like a top since.

guess its a 50/50 chance... I'll bring my old one with the puller..it breaks then w/e..

Yes sir.

Keep a spare in the box...and a GOOD, quality cordless impact or flywheel strap to get that bastard off....

I'm going to get a billet plate from Chariot, put my newer, OEM stator on that and put it on the bike, keep my rusty old trusty as a backup on my cast plate.

Just a bad taste, twice in a row. First time was at the dunes 4 to 5 hours away, 1st day of the weekend with no spare.

Second time was just as far away, but at the drag strip...luckily I had my spare.

No offense to you...at all, please don't take it that way.

But why on earth would you powder coat an item that will NEVER be seen, which will NOT rust, is beyond me...

I've seen dozens of Ricky Stator timing plates, I have one...and have never seen it powder coated.

I believe you...but I'm in disbelief, if that makes sense...

First thing I'd do is clean up/file down the contact edges where it pushes/mates against the cases, and file/clean up the notches where the screws go for easier adjustment.

That one on the front looks like Stevie Wonder went at it with a dremel. Not that it won't work...but it might be a little tough to slide.

Don't worry I took no offense at all; :cool: the pictures are just unclear.

I my self was kinda surprised at the powdercoating too; i did actully clean all the mating surfaces up because there was some dust imbeded in the powder coating.

Yeah the "dremal work" was interesting to say the least but it clears the bolt shaft thoughout the rotation of the plate.