1 cylinder not running rite

Hi I'm new to the site and banshee's...I have a 99 that was running good but the sprocket and shifter seals leaked, then I rebuilt it.  now after build the one cylinder some times runs then wont, in neutral it will rev out ok on both.  if i hold the gas at the rite spot the left stator side brakes up,same if i drive it but in powerband its ok if i can get it in when i'm riding it.         I have new rings and lite hone job 150psi on each,new gaskets with All seals.....new plug's,I switched the spark plug wires,checked the reeds,cleaned the carbs 3 times, the brass ball in the bowl is on choke lever side,slide cut outs on air filter side,coke tube is clear,carbs synced,tors kit with the tors unplugged also is the parking brake, the whole exhaust is clear...I have fmf fattys headers with paul turner tips,prodesign kit with k&n filter no lid,i think stock carbs with 310 main jets and 30 pilots..  I'm sure I forgot some things,Thanks.

Edited by joe schmo

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your problems are throttle position related, only on one cylinder, you need to look at carb sync and likely the pilot jet in the left carb.  To quickly look at sync, raise slides until the mark is showing in the glass window on the side of the carbs.  Adjust the tops.  However, if it was fine before, you might have the cable a little screwed up that is causingthis.  The "Y" in the cable is a common place for issues. 

If you find the sync is fine, you probably need to clean the pilot jet on that carb. 

No, the stator would not be your issue.  However, if this is plug wire/cab related, you can swap plug wires side to side and see if the problem stays on the left.  I would guess you have a carb issue, not spark. 

Brandon

Mull Engineering

I did swap the plug wires no difference. the throttle cable seems good to me..It did run good the way it was.I'm going to clean the carbs again for the 4th time I know they can be tricky,same jets in both carbs.........Now for the ping marks don't show at WOT a lil less gas they will,I didn't think that is rite but i'm not sure and that's how it was be for....I just drove it in neutral it revs good and down hill runs good but under a lil load it wont run rite,Almost like its going to lean seize and die.  Thanks for the info!