Not engaging gears

1994 Banshee: I recently replaced my oil in my crankcase and radiator fluid when I pulled out the clutches. The bike seems like the gears are engaging not sure if when I cleaned the clutch and put them back together if the rod you tight in is to tight and has the clutch constantly engaged or something else. Little help here thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So it was what you said and i fixed that yet now it seems unable to run threw the gears. What I mean is that when i start to move in first its engaged yet it wont actually get the full gear its like its not grabbing the gear all the way. What do you think it is or can you refer me to someone who does yes I'm a noob at this but I'm trying to learn through trial an error. I have tried to find the problem but I've already wasted about 2 gallons of coolant and a lot of oil.

^^^ agreed!  We just repaired one for a guy last week with this issue.  The shift shaft spring has a pin that it centers on.  That pin is eccentrically ground so as you turn it the shift claw moves up and down.  Claw must be centered over the shift star or no shifty.