Whats better a twister cylinder or a super cub?

Pedro

very interested in these twister motors, just have a few questions if anyone feels like answerin. do the top ends require you to use a twister crankshaft? or could a guy use a hotrods crank? and what size and make of carbs, and pipes work best with them? thanks!

From what I've experienced and heard from others, the twisters seem to like a little bit bigger carb and the higher flowing/reving pipes like CPI, Shearer, Rockets, etc. I think it all comes down to tuning, setup and porting. Its whatever your builder recommends...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I know I'm way late on this thread just thought i.d post. I run a 4mm billet set up and I,m gonna be honest. Its really a sweet set up. i can tell you some facts. that know. i run a 4.4 in 300 ft at the local track which is mainly gumbo thats been turned with sand. i know that i could have made 2 tenths if i had a better reaction time. th other problem i'm fighting on my bike is i'm running a +8 and my bike has your typical cascade duner ride height. so im having difficulty keeping the front down which is hurting my 60 ft. my gearing is a 17/41. my cylinder is non ported with 39mmpwk gas carbs. i'm running 1-5 N down WCR. Just want yall to know that i race a lot of people that brag about 4.0s that can get me. yes i have been out ran by a 4mmcub. but it was a very strong cub like non i've ever been up against. usually race bolt on guys like myself. the guy that beat me was zac swords. if i had lost my right cylinder that day i would have loved to rematch. now my engine is going to twister this weekend. he is gonna bluprint it , deck the cases port it convert my carbs add a fuel pump. said something about tunnel ports but i must be honest idk what that is but it sounds good. and i will update yall if you would like. i like all shees cubs twisters and seen fast pro x's. any of these are great options IMO. i bought my billets just to have my bike shine> they are polished to a mirror look sweet!

• 3 months later...

I´m going to have a serious motor issue in no time, so I have to start thinking what to do next.

That´s why I want to know what kind of power the 4mm Twister can do with a ported stock reed cages and Boyesen reeds, 35 PWK´s , T5´s, advanced timing and pump gas?

Is it going to be a peaky motor (un ported Twister) or wide enough power band? Over 60, 70 or close to 80?

Bore job is no issue here in FInland, but no one will re-nic the CP cylinders, so if I fail a CUB, I have to send them US, to get them fixed.

Money is an issue, but I still want to know.

-Pasi S.