Resurrecting The 1/4 Mile Bike

SlowerThanYou

Sty " son of a bitch, they let me roll that junk twice and kept telling me it was straight as an arrow."

Lighten up on the old man. You are hurting my feelings, LOL!

The 1st stock frame was completely replaced along with most of the components. That's what happens when you go off a 70' razor back & lawn dart a Banshee.

The 2nd accident was pretty mild compared to the 1st & the last one was on the sand chassis.

Anyway, I have always put these things together for the 2 boys to race. This was the 1st time to let them have their choice on what they wanted to do. Angel is a great builder & Justin is a great racer. It was good for them to work/learn from each other. Especially Justin to learn the building side of the quads.  

• 2 weeks later...

3 weeks away for the season open race Feb. 15 with the 1st T&T the day prior. Have a lot of new things/changes to work out in the car & quad.

Today we spent the day setting up clutch, Dyna ignition & a lot of little things.

I baselined the clutch today, but not too many changes from where it was. The 1st thing was to measure the spring installed height, weigh the arm weight & checked the air gap. We loosened the base pressure, kept the arm weights the same & tightened the air gap .016. We also installed new FAST frictions & plates. We are also trying 10w30 synthetic motor oil for the 1st time.

The Dyna set-up is a little different for this motor. We are using one of our milder cub curves to start out. The biggest changes was the launch rpm & the shift rpm. We lowered both 1,000 rpm from the cub settings.

Hopefully this gives us a good baseline & competitive set-up for the 1st points race.

• 3 weeks later...