Nitrous

B.b.p builders

It's funny, well not really, but will be to you guys, the hole reason I picked the boss noss kit over others is for all the reasons you guys say it's junk, now I'm guessing you guys must really think I'm dumb, but hear me out, so you can try for a second to understand my way of thinking, I thought being new to running noss, not haveing to worry about bottle pressure, fuel pumps, fuel pressure etc. I am not for one minute saying I made the rite choice, just stating why I made the choice I made.

I thought the constant same 300psi no matter what the bottle pressure is, would make it much easier for a guy with little exp.

I guess it seems like such a great idea, only to the inexperienced?

I'm not no serious racer, like some of you, just a guy who loves fucking with this shit, probably even more then I enjoy racing it!

I guess after I use it, it will help me understand more.

I didnt refer to it as junk. i have never used it. i read about the boss kits years ago. And decided to go with nitrous express. i bought the kit new. Installed on my asphalt 358cc cub.

Worked great, until I got a little greedy on a cool fall night at San Antonio Raceway in 2007. I melted a piston and damaged the nikasil at abot 1000ft mark, running 1/4 mile.

Learned a expensive/valuable lesson on ignition timing and to much juice... It was a hell of a ride to about 1000ft...... :whoa:

I run a cold fusion nitrous set up in my 521 works great but I use epoxy reeds from tdr and am shooting 10hp per home which is plenty on top of that engine. Set up is very important fuel pressure and nitrous pressure. Boss nos is junk I've never liked them u don't have much adjustability with it

Well, someone must be reading this shit because Ive had 2 PMs in just a couple minutes. So I will explain the obvious.

This picture shows 4 different jets lined up. 3 are NOS and one is NX. (left to right) NOS brand stainless, aftermarket NOS brass , aftermarket NOS stainless, NX brand (brass) The obvious is that the the first and last are far different in height, and the stems of the jets are different sizes. Now I don't really why the aftermarkets are not the same height but Im assuming it keeps them out of copyright trouble. The second pic you will see that the NOS style jets are "hollow" clear to the bottom of the stem where the orifice is and the NX is slightly beveled and then the orifice starts. The next pic shows all flipped the other way. Here you see the orifice of the NOS style and the NX is again just slightly beveled and the orifice runs clear through the jet. You can really see the bevel in the next pic. The last shows them all standing up again but opposite direction of the first pic. The jets all share the same "flare" on the ends.

Now, when I first got involved with nitrous in 1999 I went with NX because even though they will tell you you cant run NOS stuff in NX nozzles they are FOS.. NOW READ CLOSE..... Im not saying that this is a great idea, BUT when you're at the track and wanting to change jets and you magically forgot them at home, or don't have the # you're looking for you are able to use either an NX or an NOS jet in your NX nozzles. Again, Im not telling you its correct, but Ive been in a pinch and had to run the "convex" style jets in a traditional NX nozzle with great success. Some will come bash and say I'm an idiot and yada yada but whatever. It never fails you will always have everything you think you need until race day. Ive got a pile of jets now but in the early stages I didn't have the coin to be running around with 500 dollars worth of jets to use. That being said, knowing what I know now and the different ways to tune the shit I didn't need as many jets as I always wished I had.

b6c665605acd596f4f357fdfc0edf73f.jpg

b1a99cb1099c36adc77d3cae54839ba9.jpg

20d4c09dbecdda9871c6928862c15c12.jpg

813ad5cfc138ed53cf6cc8a36e36c415.jpg

58d3b115e83aa4af1400a4c627497181.jpg

• 1 month later...