BOWHUNTING.. Post up!

SheezFast02

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MJ you are such a freakin hippy, you make me laugh.

This is my first year bow hunting, i've been a gun pureist my whole life, so this ought to be an adventure. I am shooting an older Golden Eagle set at 53 lbs, carbon feather arrows and i will be rockin the muzzy MX-3 this season, if i like this bow hunting thing i will be picking up something a lot nicer this spring. I've got a nice 4 pt (8pt for you eastern folks) that has walked right under my stand 3 times this year... wish me luck for saturday morning.

Thats pretty cool. Is that pic taken from your stand?

Yes it is I've seen him for the last three years. He still aint quite big enough yet, but when the time comes I'm gonna have a real hard time doing it. The only other people that I know that knows he's alive is the land owner, his wife and daughter besides myself, that know where I hunt anyway.

Any of you guys use a crossbow? Bow season opens SEPT. 25th here in Ohio.. I have a Horton Yukon SL I just bought off a neighbor who got a new one. 1st time out using a bow (crossbow) was last year. Shot 1 doe an hit her too low. Tracked her for 1/2 mile, waited 3 hrs till I went lookin for her. Jumped her up out of a ditch with water an lost her in a cornfield..Never got a shot at anymore last year.. Hopefully have some better luck this year. Still need to get a scope for my bow an do some target shooting.. Hopefully have some pics for you guys in a few months.

Any of you guys use a crossbow? Bow season opens SEPT. 25th here in Ohio.. I have a Horton Yukon SL I just bought off a neighbor who got a new one. 1st time out using a bow (crossbow) was last year. Shot 1 doe an hit her too low. Tracked her for 1/2 mile, waited 3 hrs till I went lookin for her. Jumped her up out of a ditch with water an lost her in a cornfield..Never got a shot at anymore last year.. Hopefully have some better luck this year. Still need to get a scope for my bow an do some target shooting.. Hopefully have some pics for you guys in a few months.

Sure do I have a ten point cross bow and its one bad mother fucker. I've shot deer as far as 65 yards and I've broken many bolts just practicing by hitting them. As far as a scope I have an excaliber scope it has three lines in it for different yardages. Its probably the best thing that I put on the bow. I also have a red dot scope that came with it that Id be willing to get off of if you need it. I'm not really looking to get a whole lot for it I just want someone to use it, its brand new I removed it from the crossbow when I got it and replaced it with the excaliber.

• 4 weeks later...

good deal Madjimmax... thats awesome.

sunday was the end of our regular archery season, i am hunting the extended areas later in the year when it gets cold enough to push the deer down a little... damn things are sneaky, this bow hunting has been wierd, with a rifle i could have taken 24 good looking bucks by now, but trying to put the sneak on them up to 50 yards is ridiculous...

good deal Madjimmax... thats awesome.

sunday was the end of our regular archery season, i am hunting the extended areas later in the year when it gets cold enough to push the deer down a little... damn things are sneaky, this bow hunting has been wierd, with a rifle i could have taken 24 good looking bucks by now, but trying to put the sneak on them up to 50 yards is ridiculous...

Aint nothing like bow hunting man!! You get more outta it!! The only time i gun hunt is buck week here in NJ.. when we do our drives!!But sept1st to january 31st im bowhunting... I love it... Ive bene hunting for over 16 years... i still yet to put a wall hanger in the trophy room.. Ive gotten my share of does.. But this yr.. Im waiting the big one out...I wont tell my landowner that, b.c he wants them all gone . bc they eat his gardens!!! good luck out there men!!! I already missed a doe .. first ten mins onthe feild. threw does come catch me off gaurd.. took a poke at 40yds. and watched her duck the arrow. haha atleat it was a complete miss!! I wasnot ready at all. but got my blood pumping...gotta love it!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my collection. I included photos of the last 4-5 seasons. I got a buck every year since I started hunting. Some were small, some were big.

I only have digital camera pics of the deer from 2006. All others were taken on throw away cameras.

I do, however, have pics of the antlers here.

I also included pics of my gameroom.

Here in Pa we are only allowed one buck per year, so I have been a little selective lately as I don't shoot does.

I am currently after my 2010 buck, as our archery season opened up on Saturday the 2nd.

Enjoy

2009 Season

DSCN0084.jpg

2008 Season- My biggest to date. 11 point 135 5/8" official B&C

IMAG1803.jpg

IMAG1775.jpg

IMAG1758.jpg

2007 Season

DSC03136.jpg

2006 Season

DSC02770.jpg

Here are the pics of the gameroom, and my entire collection of all my bucks, and some of my fish.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Those are some sweet bow kills there fellas! I agree that rifle hunting does not hold a candle to bow hunting. Anybody can go out and blow one away with a rifle, but to hunt hard to get one in bow range, there is nothing better. I actually just came in the door from hunting this afternoon. Four fuzz heads, but no bucks. I have been pretty lucky with getting 4 bucks in the last 6 years. (At least that isn't bad in PA when you don't own 500 acres. haha) I am to the point where I pretty much have given up rifle hunting due to not having a decent spot that 500 other people don't know about.

Here are some pics of my two decent bow bucks from the last couple years.

TysDeer016.jpg

ArcheryBuck2006009-1.jpg