4 wheel alignment on a truck?

Rage_kage

Can someone riddle me on how they do a "4 wheel alignment" on a pick up I'm was in a pinch and needed a alignment. Every ntb/pep boys/midas I've called would not just align the front, when I asked how they aligned (the rear end) a straight axle with leaf springs, which have center bolts, and the leaf block also has a centering hole/pin the line went dead for a few minutes and then they hung up. So how is it done?

it's not done, but...... all new racks have 4 corner beams. you use the rear as reference. so in the end you're still hooking up a 4 corner setup rather you touch the rear or not. the price for a standard alignment has always been the same. it's more if they actually have to adjust anything on the rear.

just guessing but the "four wheel alignment" most likely applies to rigs with a coil sprung live axle rear, as you stated and Phelps has elaborated there is very little to no adjustment to be had on a leaf rear with centering bolts etc, they will align the front according to the rear and possibly charge you for the four wheel alignment,

a good shop wont feed you bs, hanging up on you seems kind of dumb...maybe you confused the guy lol

• 2 weeks later...