535 cheetah timeing

Unless im mistaken excessive advance usually causes kickback. everyone recomended more timing due to how the plugs look. Tighter domes would move the mark also. We assume your domes are right and rec more timing. I have a hunch its weak spark from wiring issue when the plate is turned just right. That or your exh duration is really high

There is no kick back. I will check squish and compression ASAP.

The spark is a very nice blue color, visually the same in either timing position.

It's almost winter here, so I think after this race I'm just going to send it out after I get my 421 back. Study lots over winter durring my slow time for work and next season is a new year.

Trust me I didn't dream up the recommendations. The problem is I have too many fucking threads open on this motor, (bike in general)be nice if they could be all put together somehow, I'm sure they could be helpfull to others one day? maybe it's the gearing one not sure but the advance in timeing was recomended. But it's not like I just take every recommendation and do it, I always take guys advice study the why, and then do it if after I feel it's the right thing to do.

2 they both read the same.

I'm thinking the guys are rite, there must be a short somewhere or bad connection, cause now it won't start? But lots of spark?

We have been getting lots if rain here, and been busy with work so haven't had much time to work with the track. Thank you for asking.

1/8 would be.125" seems really loose. You positive your doing it right? There was a good write up on checking squish. Recomend you get some digital calipers also. How have you been setting you lectron needles? Might as well use a fucking ruler if you were using that caliper.

yes I should invest in a set, especially since they are very inexpensive. I use these to set my lectron needles, I would have to disagree they are much better then useing a ruler, I don't set them to a certain # I set them so they are the same.

How I did the squish test was took the solder put bent it in a way that it would be at the outside of the dome near the edge of the piston top and cylinder wall, I did it more the twice and got the same every time.

You should see on the solder where it is squished then stops. Measure from the end of the solder to where the squish stops. Should be about 10~12mm. The best way though is to actually take the head off and measure it. Also. Measure the thickness of the squish where it meets the cylinder and where it stops. The end closest tto the cylinder should be thinner then where the squish stops.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I think I finally have this thing set up, took a bunch of hours, and lots of help from you guys but consistently I am getting a good plug read

Timing is at +5 with dyna box on stock setting

40mill lectrons pe1 needle, power jets are pretty much wide open, fuel mixed at 6oz to 5 litres of meth.

It's tuff to see the timing line but it's just at the bend, hard to see in pics, probably could be a bit leaner, but better off safe then sorry. Not sure much more power could be gained from that? Open to opinions on that.

31378C03-2685-42C8-AD21-A33873E10CBC_zps

5346EAE1-4465-4B73-B1B5-78053EF62CF6_zps

5346EAE1-4465-4B73-B1B5-78053EF62CF6_zps