Sports

SandmanPNW

Not at all.. I played basketball in grade school. I always played baseball and still play softball on occasion. I played roller hockey in middle school. We won regionals twice and came in second at nationals the year we went. I was always good at sports, but when high school rolled around I liked making money. I didn't play any sports in high school at all.

I think for some people, hearing sports players gripe about their pay is what turns them off. These guys get paid millions of dollars a year to play a sport they love, or so they say. It's just kind of insulting to people who make less than $100,000 a year busting their asses at jobs they don't like all that much. I know that I personally find it hard to get behind sports with all their BS politics and whiners.

Not at all.. I played basketball in grade school. I always played baseball and still play softball on occasion. I played roller hockey in middle school. We won regionals twice and came in second at nationals the year we went. I was always good at sports, but when high school rolled around I liked making money. I didn't play any sports in high school at all.

I think for some people, hearing sports players gripe about their pay is what turns them off. These guys get paid millions of dollars a year to play a sport they love, or so they say. It's just kind of insulting to people who make less than $100,000 a year busting their asses at jobs they don't like all that much. I know that I personally find it hard to get behind sports with all their BS politics and whiners.

I agree with the money end. I once seen an interview with a baseball player a long time ago. I don't remember who it was. He stated that one of the reason why we get paid so much, is because of what we put our bodies through. Well fuck you. My family is full of blue collar workers. We have a welding shop, electricians, machinist's, carpenters, maintenance men. Most of there bodies are shot too. I'm sure Loco knows this from the concrete business. But if I was good enough to play a professional sport, I would want to make bank too I guess.

Sports are getting to be about stupid anymore. Football you can't even hit a guy without getting a flag or $50,000 fine from the commish. Horsecollar is a personal foul now, but they can't ever call holding it seems like. Basketball, the refs have the ability to control the game. The announcers always talk about good "no calls", well he fouled him didn't he.....CALL IT!, and call it both ways.....makeup call is the dumbest shit i've ever heard of. Not to mention the joke that is the NBA. Needless to say I almost never watch basketball anymore.

Edited by amstall