First Bear

Ruko

Very nice!!! Thats a good bear!

I'm from the city so I gotta ask. Why did you kill it? Do you eat it? What do you do with it.

I'm not a vegan hippie, I'm really wondering what you'd do with it.

I eat everything that I hunt. All meat comes from animals... as I am sure you know... I just choose to go out and hunt my own instead of going to a grocery store to buy it. Wild game meat is generally much healthier than store bought meat. There is no steroids or preservatives or growth hormones, the animals are not force fed in pens to make them fat, the meat is much leaner and has very little fat at all. Some people believe it is cruel or inhuman to hunt but I believe the opposite. I have seen the way animals are treated in some farms, they live a life of missery just to put food on our tables. Most people don't know just how badly farm animals are treated. If I were an animal I am sure I would rather live free in the wild until my day came.

Hunting is also very exciting. I am a bit of an adrenalin junky, as I am sure most people on this site are, and hunting definitely fits the bill. It is also just nice to get out into the out doors and experience nature. On some of my best hunting adventures I have come home empty handed. I have had birds land right beside me while sitting in a tree stand, rabbits and squirrels so close I could reach out and tough them. I have seen all kinds of wildlife in their natural habitat, just going about their lives. It is hard to explain if you have never experienced it. I have been to many zoo's which try to recreate it but it is just not the same, in fact it is not even close.

I also get the trophies mounted. Some people like art on their walls... I like animal mounts.

Fuckem if they dont get it Ruko. Very nice bear congratulations, his ass would be making a nice rug if I would of got him. Whats he weight he looks to be around 300 to 400 lbs but thats just a guess .

Fuckem if they dont get it Ruko. Very nice bear congratulations, his ass would be making a nice rug if I would of got him. Whats he weight he looks to be around 300 to 400 lbs but thats just a guess .

Not sure what he weighed, we dressed him out in the bush, and since it was my first one I don't really have anything to compare to, but it was all the 2 of us could do to drag him 20 yards into a bit of a clearing. I dropped him off at the taxi. on Saturday...I am getting a half mount from just behind his shoulders. It will be made to look like he is walking out from the wall with one paw down and the other raised to see his claws. She had another one done like that on her wall while I was there and it looked pretty good.

Beautiful bear, Ruko. Can't wait to get a bear for myself one day. I'll be looking to get one with my bow. Do you do any bowhunting at all?

You bet I love bow hunting, it's even more of a rush. This was my first attempt at a bear so I took the rifle, also it was a spot and stalk. I shot this guy at 170 yards. If I was over bait I would have used the bow. I am planning on moose hunting in the fall with the bow. It's nice here because the bow season is before the rifle season so you have some time to get the bow out early when there isn't many other hunters around. If it doesn't work out you can put it away and bring out the boom stick once rifle season opens.

You bet I love bow hunting, it's even more of a rush. This was my first attempt at a bear so I took the rifle, also it was a spot and stalk. I shot this guy at 170 yards. If I was over bait I would have used the bow. I am planning on moose hunting in the fall with the bow. It's nice here because the bow season is before the rifle season so you have some time to get the bow out early when there isn't many other hunters around. If it doesn't work out you can put it away and bring out the boom stick once rifle season opens.

Same here ruko, bow opens sep 15th and rifle aint until the weekend after thanksgiving. Bow hunting is where its at, I only really go gun hunting to hang out with the boys. Dont get me wrong I hunt but we also have a good time there are afternoons that we sit back and drink rather then hunt. As a matter of fact I just picked up two new cellular trail cams that text or email pics as soon as they are taken pretty badass hers a link for it if anyone is interested.Covert Special Ops Camera . I just set 4 new stands about 3 weeks ago and I'm gonna go back next weekend and trim some shooting lanes. Come on sep 15t, Is this your property or public? Oh and make sure you post up some pics of the mount once its done.

Same here ruko, bow opens sep 15th and rifle aint until the weekend after thanksgiving. Bow hunting is where its at, I only really go gun hunting to hang out with the boys. Dont get me wrong I hunt but we also have a good time there are afternoons that we sit back and drink rather then hunt. As a matter of fact I just picked up two new cellular trail cams that text or email pics as soon as they are taken pretty badass hers a link for it if anyone is interested.Covert Special Ops Camera . I just set 4 new stands about 3 weeks ago and I'm gonna go back next weekend and trim some shooting lanes. Come on sep 15t, Is this your property or public? Oh and make sure you post up some pics of the mount once its done.

Those look like cool cameras... I have a couple old Moultries right now, they take pretty good pictures but I know they miss a lot, and they are really hard on batteries. I may have to look into some of those ones, just not sure about getting a cell plan. I was kinda planning on some Reconyx. I have heard lots of good things about them, except they are pricey.

No unfortunately that is not my property, it was just out on crown land. We have permission on some farmland not too far out of the city where we hunt deer and moose but there is not many bears around there. We have been looking to buy some land of our own to hunt on but just haven't found the right one yet. Hopefully one day... it would be nice to have our own private spot. My wife and I have even been thinking of moving out to an acreage but we're not to sure about the commute to work every day.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice bear Ruko, that is cool as hell! I've been along on a few hound chases when we put bears in tree's it was a real trip. congrats on a great animal, when my buddy gave me all of his bear meat a few years ago we found that if you marinate the steaks in equal parts soy sauce and gingerale, then grill it up with some black pepper it was awesome! wash it down with some red horse or saporo!