AWD fuel efficient car options?

87sheerips

Just wondering, at some point I would like to have a fuel efficient car in the household.

My first thought is I need AWD for winter.

So , I am thinking Subaru WRX or something off the bat.  

What are your guys suggestions?

Needs to be an auto so wife can drive it too. 

Eagle Talon. Can be "quick" cars for cheap. Or AWD Blazer and put a turbo'd junkyard 5.3 in it.

WRX's seem so raceboy to me... Nice cars though

Edit: didn't see the "fuel efficient" part. Forget the turbo 5.3...

Eagle Talon. Can be "quick" cars for cheap. Or AWD Blazer and put a turbo'd junkyard 5.3 in it.

WRX's seem so raceboy to me... Nice cars though

Edit: didn't see the "fuel efficient" part. Forget the turbo 5.3...

Talon is not a bad Idea! I actually used to like those cars.  Kinda cool.  Also needs to be reliable too tho... I dont want something hopped up at all. 

My buddy had an STI the thing was impressive.  A lot of fun too... But MPG was only like 25.  My new truck averages 13.9 and its such a waste of money when just going from a to b. 

Subaru have bearing issues after 100-150k miles or so. Look into it before buying. Fun ass tin can cars though.

Thanks for the heads up.  Yes they are not very well "trimmed" that's for sure... tin can is a great analogy. 

Subaru thats it, my family has 4 Dad has a 2012 wrx sti and a 2001 2.5rs mom has 2014 crosstrek, girlfriend has a 2007 impreza 2.5i. If you get anything under a 2008 make sure the head gaskets have been replaced or expect to replace them because they are going to leak. If you have the gaskets and timing belt/pulleys/wp done you will get over 200,000 easy.

Subaru thats it, my family has 4 Dad has a 2012 wrx sti and a 2001 2.5rs mom has 2014 crosstrek, girlfriend has a 2007 impreza 2.5i. If you get anything under a 2008 make sure the head gaskets have been replaced or expect to replace them because they are going to leak. If you have the gaskets and timing belt/pulleys/wp done you will get over 200,000 easy.

Awesome man thanks a lot

Almost any Audi... Or BMW..... Once you drive a German car you won't look at other cars the same again.... You'll compare everyother kind of car to your "Ultimate driving machine", and none will compare!

Gf has a legacy we get about 28 around town havnt done any long hauls to find out highway yet. We looked into it turbo 2.5s saw as much as a10 mpg drop

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

10mpg drop???? Wtf a sti gets around 25mpg with bolt on crap and a cobb tuner.

Almost any Audi... Or BMW..... Once you drive a German car you won't look at other cars the same again.... You'll compare everyother kind of car to your "Ultimate driving machine", and none will compare!

2008 VW R32 !

3.2 - VR6, AWD, 6 speed auto

but only 18/23 mpgs :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-R32-Base-Hatchback-2-Door-2008-Volkswagen-R32-47K-miles-/151352035501?forcerrptr=true&hash=item233d48c8ad&item=151352035501&pt=US_Cars_Trucks#ht_812wt_886

he is looking for GOOD awd. They even bash the awd on the vw fourms.

How does that little car get that shitty of mileage? I bet it rips.