New Banshee H/O Lighting Stator Looking for R&D Tester

RaceTech Electric

Hey BansheeHQ,

I'm new to the forum, and happy to be here. I hope to hang out here, help by answering some questions and get to know some people. I'd like to advertise here as well in the near future. I hope this isn't considering advertising, I'm looking for R&D testers and to give the parts away for testing purposes, not advertising for sales. I'm Evan, I run RaceTech Electric (www.racetechelectric.com), we manufacture stators & voltage regulators. I run engineering and R&D. I'm here because I've got a new Banshee stator for 1995-2006 Banshees. It's a high output stator, with 2 single phase outputs, good for a total of about 250 Watts total lighting power. One output is 150W, to run the original lighting system, and the second coil is over 100Watts to run additional lights. This is a new winding configuration I haven't seen before, and should be highly reliable and powerful.

I've built quite a few prototypes, and bench test results have been excellent. I'd like to give out a couple of these free to forum members to run and get your opinions on. We're able to keep the cost down on these a great deal compared other manufacturers building Banshee stators. You do need to reuse your original backing plate. The stator includes the pickup coil, grommet & connectors and is plug & play ready. I'm thinking retail price will be $119, which should be a good deal compared to others that are available. Thoughts on the price?

Anyways, hope some of you guys will be up for testing our new stator on your Banshees. Reply here and I'll send them out free, shipping on my dime. I just need to hear back from you within a week with your test results and thoughts on quality, fitment, output, and anything else.

Here's some pics:

jxRJh38b0gyyT.JPG

j3zcIfWL1oRjO.jpg

Thanks!

Evan

858-220-1483 cell

619-928-9015 office

Cool deal if you are able to provide a reliable product for that price they will sell well. The current options in the market are complete dog shit and most of us have returned to using stock stators. If you really want to sell some units make one that has the ground floated or better yet a whole DC conversion that a person could simply bolt on and go. Everybody is wanting to run the newer HID and LED lights and DC power is a must.

I'd gladly test one on my banshee street bike, I'll be running higher output front lights, horn, side repeaters etc.

There's a small market over here now looking for a reliable high output stator as more are being made road legal and obviously need more power to run the extra parts.

I'm in the uk, but can help with the shipping costs.

Welcome to the forum, Evan.

As Rubberneck touched on, the floated ground for converting to DC is a HUGE selling point as the HID and LED lighting is really providing some of the best options out there right now. I actually am in the market for a stator on my XC bike to run additional lighting and was considering using the RZ stator for extra output but would love to test one of these out. The 119 price tag will definitely not scare anyone off either, really affordable.

I have wound many a stator. This looks just like a moose 250w. Not bashing your stator at all. The problem with aftermarket stators (so far) is the quality of magnet wire used. The price is as fair as it can be. The best option for dc conversion is a H/O statir with just 1 lighting coil. Dual coils will require 2 rectifiers

Some body has to try one of these on a Drag Ported Cylinder, or Drag Ported Cub Cylinder to see if they get the usual high rpm miss or crusty running at high rpm. That was my issue with the Ricky Stator's. It just acted like it wasn't jetted right on the top end. I chased jetting all over the place unitl I swapped back to the stock OEM Yamaha stator.

I dont know if it was the windings or just the pickup coil not being able to keep up.

Some body has to try one of these on a Drag Ported Cylinder, or Drag Ported Cub Cylinder to see if they get the usual high rpm miss or crusty running at high rpm. That was my issue with the Ricky Stator's. It just acted like it wasn't jetted right on the top end. I chased jetting all over the place unitl I swapped back to the stock OEM Yamaha stator.

I dont know if it was the windings or just the pickup coil not being able to keep up.

Yep what he said, i had this probelem with 1 ricky stator, and 1 ricky that ran ok but the lighting coil went tits up 1 ride in.

Hey guys, thanks so much for the great reception! I'm glad to be on the forum. I'll try and help out as much as I can and answer electrical and technical questions. I'm pretty busy, but I'll definitely try and chime in. I've talked to locogato about advertising, and I'll buy a premium membership as well, so I hope I'm legal on here now. I don't want to step on anybody's toes.

So, a few things. I saw a need for a good high output stator for the Banshee's. I know the general opinion of the other brands making high output stators is not that great. I'm hoping to change the game on these as well as your opinions! First off, my stator is not modeled after any other brand. Staying confined to the same physical core measurements of the OEM stator, you only have so many choices for arranging the charging coil/s & ignition source coil. I chose to array the ignition source coil evenly spaced on non-consecutive poles. From my testing this keeps temperature down in the windings quite a bit more compared to using all of the ignition poles in order, similar to the Electrosport stator.

Now, my stator is built with 2 single phase charging poles. This is done mainly for flexibility. Each coil has an individual wire run out through the harness. The other end of each coil is tied together, and grounded to the stator core. This makes for dual lighting outputs to drive high wattage halogen bulbs, with only an AC regulator required. However, it also gives me the option to easily convert the same part number into a floated ground 200W single phase charging output, intended for use with a rectifier/regulator to charge a decent sized battery.

I intend to offer my stator as I manufacture it, with twin single phase outputs, and I will also modify it in-house, and offer a separate part number, with floated ground and a single phase 200W output for DC use.

All of my bench testing with a stock Banshee harness, coil, cdi, and plug shows no issues sparking at high RPM. However that doesn't totally replicate on-bike conditions, which is why I want to get these out and in use.

So, I'd like to send out the test stators on Monday morning.

Sprinklerman & Sheerider11 were the first guys to get ahold of me, they shot me PM's right away. I'd like to get you guys the stock dual - single phase stators for testing.

I'd like to send out to one more person to test the DC system. I will include stator modified for 200W single phase charging output, and I will include a single phase regulator/rectifier unit. I need somebody who already has a battery ready to mount, or mounted on the bike to charge, and a good load on the battery, like HID lights at the very least.

Who's up for the DC system testing? I need good solid feedback on this very quickly, so please make sure you're ready for it if you'd like to test for it.

thanks guys!

Evan