10mm DMX Testing

SlowerThanYou

Is someone different porting the motor besides K&T?

I'll try & be politically correct with the answer. With all do respect to K & T. They bent over backwards for us, but in the end they only wanted to blame my tuning. It was their Dyno tune-up that went slower than my (non dyno) tune-up on the track.

We found a combination of things wrong with the motor. Plus, with Nick Bennett's & Green's help we discovered another area, the adapter plate. 

My son Angel is making all the changes to the motor. He's very capable of making things work very well with building/tuning.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Things have not went as planned. Angel leaves for Gilbert, LA. next weekend. The DMX should be done this week & may have time for the dyno. Regardless, it's going if the domes make it in time. The pipes have had the back halves reworked & have a flange for stingers or silencers. Angel also upgraded the carbs to Lectrons with the good bowls.

643%20Gilbert_zps2ikniokl.jpg

Those bowls are a PITA if they are the dual feed type. I'm sure y'all will get them sorted, but there's a simple way to make them workable, IMO.

Angel is the one dealing with them & I think he's has used them before. Any suggestions would be appreciated, if you would like to share.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked with Angel Wed. evening & he's making headway with the DMX. We picked up over a tenth an half in ET & 9 mph over our best previously. He's trying to get the right tires on it to get it to hook.  Plus, he was changing the gearing over to launch in 2nd gear instead of 1st.