2001 chevy 2500 hd gas mileage 6.0

Guest blew duece
I want to be able to pull a 40 foot gooseneck trailer and get 40 mpg...any ideas?

415235[/snapback]

tried a honda civic? maybe put a sail on the trailer?..........my three valve ford gets 18 to the gallon and will yank any trailer down the road............

thanks for all the replies, I checked two tanks of gas in town type driving came up w/10.8 both times, took it to the sand sports how, and more around town driving, and got 11.7...I have a programmer by superchips, everything else is stock, I think I will add headers next, and see if mileage increases

I dont know about your particular application, but some vehicles get better milage with an E-fan (electric fan) to replace the heavy stock fan/clutch assy. Supposed to free up a couple HP and make throttle response much faster. Typical cost is $300+ for a decent kit. A lot of them even cool better than the stock fan. I know when its 100 deg out my 5.4L F-150 feels like it looses 1/2 of its acceleration untill the RPMs get high enough to kick the fan clutch off.