No traction

B.b.p builders

So late today I finally got my track done, so I was dyeing to test out my new frame and set up, on the the new track.

I haven't had a chance to tests out the new frame at all until tonight, it was getting dark so I only had a chance to do 3 or 4 quick pulls of 300'. It seems I'm getting 0 traction. Before I could feel my bike pull through every gear, shit it would lift almost every start, and then lift a bit when I hit second gear, now all it does is fucking spin it seems,

For dirt drags is it possible to be too lite?

I'm putting a pic of my bike up so you can see what I'm running, also this is my set up

535 cheetah(methanol)

14 paddle extremes 81 r/o @ 7psi (I'm going to lower pressure if I get a chance to get out there tomorrow )

Direct drive sling shot lock up

Frame is only 35lbs with the rear subframe, and I'm only 145lbs

Marvin comp, set up for me and my bike

Titanium a arms

+12 swing arm

Not sure what the bike weights! but it has to be pretty light! and so am I.

Will lowering the tire pressure be enough? Any pointers would be much appreciated.

791C89C1-8811-4074-A793-34DBD15C2C23_zps

Roller is the worst thing you could of done. Paddles need to penetrate surface to get traction. Better off running knobbies on hard pack

Fuck!!!

I packed it cause I didn't have the proper equipment to build it, I raked and shoveled that fucker, so I wanted to pack it to make sure the low spots were found and filled? Thing is like glass!

The arm being to long is not allowing any weight get to the rear tires? Is this your reasoning for shortening up the arm? Cause with my last frame I couldn't keep the front wheels down with that arm? Fucking set up is tuff?

Well now that I see your track surface I will recant. Till the bitch up and let it eat!

But yes it's about weight transfer, but I believe the track surface to be the problem here.

• Like 1

paddles on a hard surface will never hook. it was probably spining all the way down.

Oh ya, lol spinning all the way.. My wife is pissed, she has lots of time on that packer, lol, I just told her I'm going to bring in a tiller and till it up!

Man this sucks..

Better then problems with the bike..

I'm buying a tractor soon and plan to get a box grader, like someone mentioned to me on here.