Tires size for 1/8 mile.

10milmike

Ok. I never really tired different size tires. I see lots of guys on the east coast running 18x8x10 or 19x8x10. I was running a 20x10x10. But I sold them. I used my buddy's 20x8x10 at the track a few times and picked up a tenth. So a what would the advantages be of a 19x8x10 or a 18x8x10?

Big advantage, from the hole all the way thru...u will come out harder therefore giving u a better 60' etc...now if ya bike is still pulling with the 20 inch tires then u should be fine on ya e.t. without running out of gear, but if u are running out of gear then the smaller tire will hurt u on the big end...by u having a 10 mil 20 might be the idea, but if u wanna come out hard try the smaller ones...I run 18.5, right down the middle

My best 60' is 1.39 but average I am pulling a 1.4. With the 20x10x10. Bike is not running out of gear on the top on with my gearing. Gearing is a 2.23 ratio. Going to buy 19x8x10 also to see what it does.

Sorry to hi jack your post. But I have a question. Bryan we really never talked tires before. Now I am running 17/38 that is a 2.23 ratio almost the same as a 18/40 that is a 2.22 Ratio. Now I was running a big 20x10x10 with a 65 roll out. Just bought 20x8 10. So what would the advantages be of a 19x8x10 or a 18x8x10? Since all I do is run 1/8 mile.

Ok. I never really tired different size tires. I see lots of guys on the east coast running 18x8x10 or 19x8x10. I was running a 20x10x10. But I sold them. I used my buddy's 20x8x10 at the track a few times and picked up a tenth. So a what would the advantages be of a 19x8x10 or a 18x8x10?

I'll point you in the right direction. It has to do with the basic laws of physics/laws of motion. That information is easily found. The harder part is finding the information that applies to your questions. Now, the hardest part is applying the information in a correct manner to get your results.

I would like to hear some of your research on the subject, put into layman's terms on the subject! I was to easy on you the last time. LOL!