12 paddle Extreme 22x11x8 for a Redline 10mm Ported Serval

wired2008

Do you feel any vibration due to the staggered Paddles ? I read some post but I could not decide if that was ok for the kind of use I will give to these tires.

No vibration. They just get a little more paddle contact into the sand, being that they are offset. Let's you hook out of the hole better.

Unless you have large debris in your sand ( rocks, tree roots etc) I'd get SLS to save weight.

The 4mm wouldn't need an aftermarket chassis. You'll definitely have more power than them, you just have to be able to get it all to the ground without flipping over. Haha

I think this is going to be more fun than what I have imagined ... haha 

Oh, it'll be a blast. You picked a great motor and builder. Just set some money back for a swing arm later. Haha

The other side of the coin is that with a +10" swing arm people won't race you a lot and I will be forced to a category with just few guys.  

You guys convinced me and after one season I will change the swingarm for a longer one.

The drags are Flat, I have a Duneable tranny 1-5 ND and Straight Cut gears.

Can I compensate my short 4" swing arm with 14/42 gearing ? what could work better in my case ?

You guys convinced me and after one season I will change the swingarm for a longer one.

The drags are Flat, I have a Duneable tranny 1-5 ND and Straight Cut gears.

Can I compensate my short 4" swing arm with 14/42 gearing ? what could work better in my case ?

If you are trying to only buy 1 set of tires, you might try playing with the gearing...and also air the tires way up...it'll help them get a little bit less traction.

• 3 weeks later...

The drags are Flat, I have a Duneable tranny 1-5 ND and Straight Cut gears.

Get it geared so that it's coming out of the hole pretty effortlessly. Maybe just a cunt hair away from a bog. Then use the clutch to dial it in further. This thing does have a lock up right?

Perfect example, I put together a 4mm stock cyl that should of definitely hammered on just about average trail bike and some of the hot raptors at the track. Took my TT set up out to the drag strip to dial it in for the holeshot. Immediately the -2 swinger was a problem in trying to get the jump on actual drag bikes. The front just went to 12 o clock. So after getting the jetting right and after countless ridicule from loosing to Rappy97 and even after a buddy got smoked by a blaster on my bike. It NEEDED control out of the hole.

We messed with gearing to take it up and I really found the sweet spot where it almost bogged. From there I started messing with the springs on my clutch so that it was a touch less aggressive on initial lock up. Then I backed the weight off by switching a few balls in the slingshot to titanium over the stock steel ones. Two passes in and it was only hanging the wheels about a foot off the ground and really motivating forward. From there it took real drag bikes to take out my little ol -2 swinger TT bike. Kinda fun.

I just ran my 14 extreams on my 4mil serval at the drags and it did real good. Pull them no problem. Had to be a little easy off the line cause it only has a +4 arm but once you launched you could give it hell.