best way to go on tranny?

shovelhead

hey guys, i am in process of getting all the parts & pcs. to build a drag bike by end of year. I want to get some advise on what to do with the tranny?

It will be a 4mm cub drag ported, but I will also want to play a little with it , as well as dirt drags. What would you recommend i do on tranny? overide or drag cut? and more importantly who does the best job on trannys?

I was also thinking about doing billet 2nd gear? do I need that ?

any help greatly appreciated

I'm thinking as a sponsor of PS, if Greg Whitaker is putting his name and company on it, it'll work...

Not that I'd want to be one of the first that own it...LOL. But...this would be a great 1/8 or 1/4 mile tranny...

It may have the occasional bug, but what drag bike doesn't in one way or another?

I dont think the 1-6 is that bad of a choice.In fact thats the only thing I regret I didnt get on my banshee.Oh well Im going to take of my 1-4 duneable and replace it with a 1-6 duneable when they come out.Thats really going to make it better gearing for the 1/4 mile.I dont see how you sand guys will benefit from it tho

so how touchy is your 1-6 with down shifting and everything

pretty touchy! no downshifting even at rolling speed. I have no problem with this though, don't know why but when i get on it it just seems like second nature to know not to downshift...the only reason why i have had any problems with it is because the whole rule where you are not supposed to let off and get right back in it....yeah i kinda do that opposite of that, me and shift forks don't get a long! :biggrin: Greg did some kind of trick welding on mine this time and he said that they should be good to go.

• 6 years later...